Stand Security

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Stand Security

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Maybe just enjoys the comfort of the climber and doesn't hunt anywhere but there...or has many stands...

Like was said...gotta carry in sticks or something...but getting on the dang thing...no way!

Odd the sections are so far apart too...makes even less sense lol...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

I have not seen a climber left like that but share a farm with another guy or atleast I think i still do??? havent seen him in 3 years and the straps on his hangons are so tight I am just waiting to hear the snap some night Im sitting in my stand :lol:

His stand are set with no pegs or sticks which isnt that unusual. On another farm I hunt the one gun season guy leaves his climber at the bottom of the tree with a lock on it. Unfortunately he will be dissapointed this season when he shows up and the squirrels have finished eating the padded summit seat and back rest
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:30 pm

I heard stories of spiteful hunters on public land climbing up in stands they find then sliding down the tree like a firemans pole. It's a way of messing up your fellow hunters.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:30 am

Now that I look at it, it looks like he has those tree stand stabilizers. So when he steps on that bottom platform, even if it gives out a little, those straps should tighten and the top will bite into the tree. IDK still doesnt seem too safe. IDK what the weight limit on those things are. a 20 LB platform and a a guy that probably weighs about 200 lbs. Thats scary stuff. When I start getting 15 feet up I start shaking a little bit lol. (heights are my enemy.)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”