Bowtech Bow stabilizer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

FrankyLattimer
Facebook: facebook.com/franky223

Bowtech Bow stabilizer

Unread postby FrankyLattimer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 am

I was looking for a new bowstring silencers for my bowtech bow, do you guys have any recommendations? I havent used them before but my brother Tom says they can slow down the arrow speed and be a bad thing. What do you thing?

MOBIGBUCKS

Re: Bowtech Bow stabilizer

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:13 am

FrankyLattimer wrote:I was looking for a new bowstring silencers for my bowtech bow, do you guys have any recommendations? I havent used them before but my brother Tom says they can slow down the arrow speed and be a bad thing. What do you thing?

I've always placed more importance on a quiet bow versus one only a fraction faster. I use Cat Whiskers and have tried all type of silencers over the years. Along with a heavier arrow, you will have a much quieter bow.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 am

If put in the RIGHT spot you can potentially gain a few FPS..

I agree...a quiet shot is more important than a couple FPS that you could loose...

I've shot around a lot of different bows...I can't get over how loud they are...

My Reflex Highlander was very quiet...now shooting a bow tech insanity..it's also very quiet..I don't have anything on the string right now...I have some silencers and cat whiskers I wanna try..there's a slight twang to it..

I agree...a heavier arrow and bow not maxed out also make a bow much quieter...as does Maki g sure everything is tightened down and secure..

Rubber peep tubes are notorious for making a heck of a noise..my buddy had one and a metal d-loop..his bow was a little old..that sucker sounded like a 22 rifle...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
MNHUNTER23

Unread postby MNHUNTER23 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:00 am

I use cat whiskers on my bowtech experience. I think they work about as good as anything. It just takes some tinkering to get them in the best place for quietness and reduced vibration.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”