Very slow opening weekend for WI

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: Very slow opening weekend for WI

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:13 am

RED OAK wrote:
Dewey wrote:
PK_ wrote:Someone check on Red Oak and make sure he is ok.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Your right. He's been doing real well lately on opening weekend. :think:

Edit: Look in the Beast Bear Lineup.......looks like he's been busy with other beasts. :o

PK_ I'm OK. :D The bear quest kind of took me out of opening weekend for bucks this year. Waiting for a good cold front here to start making some moves. Thanks for checking in though... :lol:

OK, I guess that is an acceptable excuse. :lol:

I am sure it won't be long… :D GL.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:26 pm

I didn't see any bucks but saw 8 does and fawns between Sat. and Sun. evening on SE WI public. I was a happy hunter.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:23 am

mainebowhunter wrote:
Dewey wrote:
jessejames wrote:The wi rut report group on Facebook is blowing up with big bucks taken.

Apparently none are Beast members. Guess we all suck. :lol:

LOL...thats what I love about deer hunting. Those bucks can leave you feeling like you can't hunt your way out of a paper bag!

I feel that way right now. Three hunts and an observation sit, and no deer spotted for me. I must suck. Someone feel sorry for me! :lol:

Determined that the bedding area I hunted sunday night was actually underwater so that doesnt help. It has been full of deer in the past. I guess thats what I get for hunting an area that I can not check on throughout the year.

Saturday evening I believe the bedding I hunted had been tampered with. My trail cam near it was stolen and it was the cam I was getting my best buck pictures from. No doubt whoever stole the cam saw the pics and probably tromped around because of it.

Those are my excuses :lol:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:37 am

I have a feeling the Kill Zone will be getting busier this weekend. ;)
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:24 am

hunter_mike wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:
Dewey wrote:
jessejames wrote:The wi rut report group on Facebook is blowing up with big bucks taken.

LOL...thats what I love about deer hunting. Those bucks can leave you feeling like you can't hunt your way out of a paper bag!

I feel that way right now. Three hunts and an observation sit, and no deer spotted for me. I must suck. Someone feel sorry for me! :lol:

Determined that the bedding area I hunted sunday night was actually underwater so that doesnt help. It has been full of deer in the past. I guess thats what I get for hunting an area that I can not check on throughout the year.

Saturday evening I believe the bedding I hunted had been tampered with. My trail cam near it was stolen and it was the cam I was getting my best buck pictures from. No doubt whoever stole the cam saw the pics and probably tromped around because of it.

I think that's what's plaguing alot of marsh hunters. Across the central part of Wisconsin. When I looked up the history for the month. On Wunderground. It showed tons of more rain over the summer than normal.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:26 am

Dewey wrote:I have a feeling the Kill Zone will be getting busier this weekend. ;)

X2

It's going to be an explosion

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:42 am

stash59 wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I think that's what's plaguing alot of marsh hunters. Across the central part of Wisconsin. When I looked up the history for the month. On Wunderground. It showed tons of more rain over the summer than normal.

Actually water levels have been extremely low the last 4-5 years due to major drought with many marshes completely dried out even in the water impoundment ditches. The marsh peat was conpletely dry many feet below the surface so it took a good number of years to absorb rain and bring the water levels back up. Right now marsh water levels are at historical averages around here which I feel makes bedding much more predictable. The dry years were tough because they had litteraly miles and miles of cattails to bed in the larger marshes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”