Bumped a buck from his bed. I know...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Bumped a buck from his bed. I know...

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:12 pm

...because he went buy another hunter. Been scouting a ton. Urban season is open but I am not on certain buck that I have been chasing. As I said before the season begin, I am going to pressure him, bump him or kill him. So far, I have not done any of it. Poking every nook and cranny trying to find him. Really looking for another primary bedding area that he may have shifted to. The next night I have to go out, going to poke the edges of the boogered primary bed.

So tonight. Bumped a deer. Went to investigate the bed. Not a big bed. But it was a bed by itself. Thought it might be a small buck. Did not sound big as it crashed off. Scouted around the knob looking for other beds. Ended up seeing a buy walking with a bow in his hand. "You see the deer?" He says "Yep, sure did. Basket rack 6pt. I drew on it but it was just too thick." First hunter I have seen in the woods in 2 or 3yrs. He kind looked at me like I had 2 heads. No camo. No bow. No stand.

What I did find was nuts, nuts and more nuts. I cannot believe the amount of acorns on the ground this year. Most I have ever seen. Nowhere near enough deer to eat all of them.

rbuckleyjr1
500 Club

Re: Bumped a buck from his bed. I know...

Unread postby rbuckleyjr1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:29 pm

gladly take some of those acorns off your hands. Not much here in W MI.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Re: Bumped a buck from his bed. I know...

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:36 pm

rbuckleyjr1 wrote:gladly take some of those acorns off your hands. Not much here in W MI.

I would give all of them away lol.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”