Moon phase's and certain bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Findian
500 Club

Moon phase's and certain bucks

Unread postby Findian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I've tried to find some info on this but couldn't. So this year with cameras, I've noticed that some particular bucks come and go from certain areas, during a certain moon phase, with certain deer.

I also notice that these bucks are at least 3.5 or older. They also seem to be the dominate buck. And most of this takes place within a couple mile area in the big woods. Three different bucks three different hunting areas.

So the best way that I can explained this is an example. So we have 4 sections within and area and 4 moon phases. Obviously their is more sections and more moon phases. But I'm trying to keep it simple.

Section number 1 the buck is here during a new moon with a lone doe.

Section number 2 the buck is here during a full moon with younger bucks.

Section number 3 the buck is here during a first quarter with does and fawns.

Section number 4 the buck is here during the third quarter with another mature buck or two.

At first I was thinking that these buck were going to certain section during certain moon phase for food or bedding. But then I started to see them hanging out with different deer during different moon phases.

It's almost like they go to see what's going on with the other deer to see who is new, who is gone, what's been happening, where the best food is and so fourth. And they make their rounds following the moon phases.

Has any one else noticed this or is this common knowledge?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”