Thanks for all of the info

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JDS

Thanks for all of the info

Unread postby JDS » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 am

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info here. I have been frustrated for a while with my climber and after reading threads here about Lone Wolf I gave a lot of thought and research over a bunch of months and finally bought a LW Alpha and 4 sticks. They are awesome. Love the way the pack and then especially the way they carry/ride on your back vs my climber plus it is much lighter. Over the last couple of years I have read a ton here and tried to apply a piece here and there to my hunting but not in real earnest. Hard to break old habits. This year I have a ton of spots that scouting has put me on and 90% or more of my hunting will be mobile. Thanks again for all who put a ton into this site.

I also wanted to give a shout out to Lou who called me on a Saturday and helped me with a few questions I had about Stealth Strips. Talk about a nice guy and to give up time on a Saturday as well. Thanks Lou. Also to bowhunter15 for his vids. His SS instructions for sticks got me done in no time flat. Want to try his web extensions too.

Thanks guys.

hunter_mike

Re: Thanks for all of the info

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:23 am

That is cool. It is a liberating feeling being able to hunt from a tree anywhere there are trees. I used to be a climber-only guy too until coming here.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:35 am

Back home it was nothing but pre set up stands and ground sitting, Lone Wolf has literately changed the way I hunt. People scoff at me when I say I set up and take down every hunt, until they realize I can set up literately anywhere.
-Rick
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:47 am

I'm going through this transition as well, but with a saddle instead of a lock on.

I grew up hunting with a climber attached to my back. Hunted out of that ol man climber almost exclusively from 12-20. Finally had the cables go bad on me and bought a Summit Climber. Why? because they are "light, quiet, and comfortable". Lol to those first two, and comfort doesn't kill deer nor is something I'm concerned with. The last six season of lugging that thing around have been horrendous, but I was too cheap to upgrade and have had a messed up knee to where I didn't feel comfortable swapping to the saddle.

All these videos and info these guys have put out about making your setup more mobile have been golden for me. Watched a Davet, cbigbear, and a couple bowhuter15 videos all on Tuesday trying to get some kinks worked out so I owe a "thank you" to these guys as well.

Good luck with your new setup JDS!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 am

8-)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”