Boots

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Land&sea64

Boots

Unread postby Land&sea64 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:46 am

Ok all you mobile guys, I need a good pair of boots for hiking in and setting up. What's yalls recommendations? My feet sweat pretty bad so nothing hot. Sweaty feet = cold feet. And needs to be waterproof.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: Boots

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:48 am

No help here I hunt in snakeboots.....AKA snakebuckets!
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:54 am

I have the same sweaty foot issue....I quit wearing rubber boots..good thin merino socks and foot powder and leather boots for me..

I like Dinner... expensive...but very comfortable and well built..I have 2-3 years on my current pair and keep them oiled and they are still not leaking..forget what model..they are 10" and were rough out leather..I oiled them till they quit taking oil to keep them protected and help water proof them farther..

I don't see a difference in hunting..other than my feet are drier and more comfortable than rubber boots...if you walk where deer will walk it's over no matter what you wore..

[ Post made via Android ] Image
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Sierra Trading Post has some phenomenal deals on Danner boots:
I got a pair of Danner Steadfast 8" this morning. Regulary above $160 I believe. I got them right at $75, $80 shipped.

sierratradingpost.com, then go to clearance and look for hunting boots.

vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:03 am

I picked up some Irish Setter Shadow Treks last year, waterproof, 800gram thinsulate but they are comfortable, they are quite breathable as well.
-Rick
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:21 am

mauser06 wrote:I have the same sweaty foot issue....I quit wearing rubber boots..good thin merino socks and foot powder and leather boots for me..

I like Dinner... expensive...but very comfortable and well built..I have 2-3 years on my current pair and keep them oiled and they are still not leaking..forget what model..they are 10" and were rough out leather..I oiled them till they quit taking oil to keep them protected and help water proof them farther..

I don't see a difference in hunting..other than my feet are drier and more comfortable than rubber boots...if you walk where deer will walk it's over no matter what you wore..

[ Post made via Android ] Image

BassPro has some nice Danner boots on sale this week. There is a link on my website if you want to help me out, or you can just go straight to Bass Pro. 99.97 uninsulated and 109.97 insulated
http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:32 am

tmarbut wrote:Sierra Trading Post has some phenomenal deals on Danner boots:
I got a pair of Danner Steadfast 8" this morning. Regulary above $160 I believe. I got them right at $75, $80 shipped.

sierratradingpost.com, then go to clearance and look for hunting boots.

Thanks for the tip!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”