Quiver on or off?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Quiver on or off

On
32%
Off
65%
Other
3%

Total votes: 72
Atfulldraw
Facebook: 4011 W 4rd

Re: Quiver on or off?

Unread postby Atfulldraw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:00 am

I leave mine on....easier in the long run .

mobowhunter77

Unread postby mobowhunter77 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:52 pm

I have mine off. I just feel more comfortable. Another thing it hit's the top of my tree stand when it's in the bow holder.
Upper Iowa

Unread postby Upper Iowa » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Off, hung & easily accessible. less bulk, more maneuverability in the tree while trying to get a shot, don't have to worry about it snagging on anything.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I prefer it off, but I have shot deer with it on.

jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:05 pm

I've always left mine on and practiced that way. This year I've practiced both ways and I do prefer to shoot without it so I may experiment with removing mine once settled in up a tree.

Not all those who wander are lost...
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:22 am

isitseasonyet? wrote:
whitetail_addict wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:On. No messing having to find somewhere to hang it and get quick arrow access if second shot presents itself. Has happened more than a few times In my career

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

X2...

One less thing to carry in and look for a spot to hang causing unnecceary movement that could make or break a hunt when you're in close to bedding. I sit down nick an arrow and put my bow, quiver and all, in my third hand bow holder which is mounted right to my seat for easy quick access.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I had my 3rd hand on my seat too. But I'm right handed therefore I liked to have the bow holder on my left side and I couldn't figure outhat how to do that with my quiver on... I'm interested to hear what you do?

I wondered how I'd like it but after having it on my left all of last season I figure I'll keep it there. I'm right handed to by the way. Anyway, the arrows while in the quiver are a little close to me on my seat... I'd have a bit more room if I had it mounted on the right side of the seat, but it's something I just deal with. It may depend on the exact quiver you have too. Some may mount closer or flatter to the bow than others so that might make a difference too. Perhaps the length of one's arrows can make or break this setup too. I have relatively short arrows but suppose someone shooting longer arrows might have an issue with the arrows on the quiver being too long to sit above the seat...?

All in all though, I deal with the quiver right there on my left side because I feel the benefit of having my bow right there near my bow hand at all times is worth the tradeoff and results in about the least amount of movement possible to grab my bow when needed.
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:45 am

ALWAYS ON for me. I've had to take quick follow up shots before on deer that are about to vacate the last shooting lane. There are no distractions reaching for another arrow. When you hang the quiver up, not only do you need to redirect your attention, but it's much harder to take an arrow out of a quiver with one hand when it's not attached to something solid.

There are certainly ways around the accuracy and balance difference. With a proper stabilizer setup and sidebar, the weight can be balanced, and it usually leaves you with a heavier and more forgiving overall setup. The downside is that the stabilizers cost more money and take some setup time to get everything balanced. Confidence though is usually going to be the deciding factor. I've experimented quite a bit with my compound and quivers over the years. Heavy and stable is what gives me confidence, but out west I usually go with a smaller quiver and stabilizer just because it's less weight to lug around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”