Kicked right in the teeth!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Re: Kicked right in the teeth!

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:23 am

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 am

It's some guy practicing his survival skills!!
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:05 am

PK_ wrote:That is a buck bed.

TL must have built it. Now he is going to sue you for showing it to the public.

That may have been way too much of an inside joke...

I got it. Lol.

I have found a few of these camps out in the middle of public land over the yrs. I usually steer away from the area. Could be someone down on there luck or something.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Crazy. Surely this winter he will head somewhere else when it gets cold. I can say one thing. I dont know how well you investagated it but if you ran into something like that in my neck of the woods you had better walk away quick. Wouldn't be nothing for a meth head to be making meth like that. Ive seen plenty of old abanded spots kinda similar to that but most of the time u find plenty of evidence laying around. And some of those dudes are wacked out. Be careful man!! Ive heard stories!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Went back tonight..pulled all 5 cameras. This is what I left behind...this dumps out of a buck bedding area. More than just the bucks were using it.

Here is a small video I did ...another landpoint, just outside the bed. There are a couple more of these elevated points coming out of bed.
[bbvideo=425,350]https://youtu.be/-I6x4cf48J8[/bbvideo]

Put cams here in June...got 3 mature bucks on these runs coming out of the bedding area. Going to come back in a month and look at it again.
Just about void of deer now.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm

If the guy is really homeless, and its not a teenage drug fort, I would just let the guy be...
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:12 pm

dan wrote:If the guy is really homeless, and its not a teenage drug fort, I would just let the guy be...

Yeah. Thats kind of the issue. Truely homeless guys are not that neat. My neighbor is a warden. Mentioned it to them.

Just did some research. Its not public land. So really, nothing the warden is going to do. I abuts public ground. Boundaries are close.

And Dan, thats my only concern, just wanted to make sure there is nothing dangerous or some guy on the lam.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:37 am

mainebowhunter wrote:
dan wrote:If the guy is really homeless, and its not a teenage drug fort, I would just let the guy be...

Yeah. Thats kind of the issue. Truely homeless guys are not that neat. My neighbor is a warden. Mentioned it to them.

Just did some research. Its not public land. So really, nothing the warden is going to do. I abuts public ground. Boundaries are close.

And Dan, thats my only concern, just wanted to make sure there is nothing dangerous or some guy on the lam.

Yep... Kind of doubt its a homeless guy, with all the Democratic hand outs not to many people have to live outside anymore unless they are hiding from something.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Update: Saw a doe and lamb tonight when I sent in. That was a good thing to see.

Threw a hunt at the place tonight. Mainly, I wanted to get back in the area and see if the homeless guy was gone. Looks like the place has been abandoned. So I knocked part of the shelter down to see if it gets fixed. Going to move cameras back in on some big ground scrapes that were made last year and leave them for a few weeks.

If I am fortunate enough to tag in statewide, I will be back here again. Especially, on the other side when the landowner told me about finding sheds every year and giving them to the dog to chew on. Then she shows me a nice shed. Looks like the area gets better as the season progresses.
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:29 pm

BA-IV wrote:Some creative hunter making his own scent free, ozone free bubble to kill that next big buck :lol:

I wonder if that plastic is marketed as shoot-through...? Haha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”