1ST DRAW HUNT - MO - PREMAPPED, NEED TIPS

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

<DK>
500 Club

1ST DRAW HUNT - MO - PREMAPPED, NEED TIPS

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:29 am

Hey guys, I have been drawn for my first managed hunt a urban area. I have done some pre mapping, I am looking for any input really... iv never done one of these so im trying it see if I like it. Its 7500k acres and 150 hunters - Sept 15-25. 1 Deer of either sex.
Any pointers, tips, or if you have time - circle an large section you like the looks of.
I have picked suspected bedding areas, though the more I cyber scout, the more I delete. I have to contact the offices, but I am pretty sure I CANNOT access from the NW corner or SE corner of the map. I also have to find out if I can park off of any road or if I have to use a lot. I am leaning more towards the NW / W section of the map.

http://caltopo.com/m/26P8

Conservation Map - https://extra.mdc.mo.gov/documents/area ... 404map.pdf

<DK>
500 Club

Re: 1ST DRAW HUNT - MO - PREMAPPED, NEED TIPS

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 pm

For the early portion? When I applied it said 100% entry. Oct was 50% if I like this kind of hunt I'll definitely do colder weather next year.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:24 pm

The Katy trail is easy travel by mountain bike so the se area might be workable. Below the research Park and South of Katy trail would be a virtual sanctuary with no reason for regular human intrusion.
I have seen lots of bikers parking at the research Park and doubt it will be allowed by conservation.
94 is very busy and the parking lots showing on the map is about it.
I saw a cemetery along 94 that might be worth a look. At another property I had some deer activity relating to the forest opening of the cemetery.

Much of the area seen from the road has thick undergrowth but I assume the wooded areas might be more open.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:10 pm

justdirtyfun wrote:The Katy trail is easy travel by mountain bike so the se area might be workable. Below the research Park and South of Katy trail would be a virtual sanctuary with no reason for regular human intrusion.
I have seen lots of bikers parking at the research Park and doubt it will be allowed by conservation.
94 is very busy and the parking lots showing on the map is about it.
I saw a cemetery along 94 that might be worth a look. At another property I had some deer activity relating to the forest opening of the cemetery.

Much of the area seen from the road has thick undergrowth but I assume the wooded areas might be more open.

Thanks for the extra tips. I plan to take a drive and walk here soon. I do like by reasearch center, a big one has to be in there...
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:20 pm

I'm starting a thread about golf courses and if they are a destination food source. That one on your map might be a key area.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”