De-scenting your rubber boots

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kokes
500 Club

Re: De-scenting your rubber boots

Unread postby Kokes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:12 am

Im not overly crazy about scent control, but I try and rotate two pairs of boots for the season...

- question: if I put them upside down over a heat duct in the house after hunting would that be enough to dry them out, as I don't have a boot dryer?

buck_fever

Unread postby buck_fever » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Rubber boots are for keeping your feet dry, and nothing else. Many years ago, I bought my first pair of lacross dedicated to woods travel only. Washed em and scrubbed em in scent free soap and baking soda. First morning in an unhunted stand all yr with the wind and thermals in my favor, a doe cut my track and locked up the brakes. Was a good lesson in scent control for me. Maybe ozone would work. But if you hunt hi pressured deer, nothing will keep your tracks undetected

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:35 pm

jonsimoneau wrote:I wear rubber boots and cannot remember the last time I witnessed a deer cutting my track although I'm sure it happens. I use both carbon powder and baking soda. I'm not a huge scent products guy but one thing that absolutely does work is to take chlorophyll pills. I start a month before season and I take one daily. If you don't think this helps try it. Before long you won't even necessarily need deodorant! You've gotta keep taking the chlorophyll every day. Not just when you are hunting. They use them in nursing homes to keep down odor. I'm suprised more people don't talk about using them but it's probably because the hunting industry didn't come up with it. Anyway these also drastically reduce foot odor.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Oh they know about it - and sling it.
https://www.amazon.com/Scent-Shield-Deo ... nt+blocker

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”