Sanctuaries

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Sanctuaries

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:23 am

Haus86
Was hoping you could produce those big buck pictures. Maybe just produce the name of the public ground you killed those bucks on. Won't hurt you any You can't get drawn for a tag but once every three years anyway. You can PM if you want, so others can't see the pictures or name of the public hunting ground. Anxiously awaiting, thanks.

Actually there are still non resident "any deer" tags available for area 2 and 10. There are also doe permits left over in just about every county for non residents. As I understand it, Iowa is a "party hunting state". This means a non resident only needs a valid license and a resident whom they are hunting with can legally tag a buck the non resident shot. I'm ready to hunt Iowa Stanley, hint, hint, hint? :D

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:18 am

kenn1320 wrote:
Haus86
Was hoping you could produce those big buck pictures. Maybe just produce the name of the public ground you killed those bucks on. Won't hurt you any You can't get drawn for a tag but once every three years anyway. You can PM if you want, so others can't see the pictures or name of the public hunting ground. Anxiously awaiting, thanks.

Actually there are still non resident "any deer" tags available for area 2 and 10. There are also doe permits left over in just about every county for non residents.[glow=red]As I understand it, Iowa is a "party hunting state".[/glow]This means a non resident only needs a valid license and a resident whom they are hunting with can legally tag a buck the non resident shot. I'm ready to hunt Iowa Stanley, hint, hint, hint? :D

Gun season only, bowhunting is not included in party hunting. So you must have a NR any sex tag to buck hunt. The price tag is pushing $600.00 for this tag. Takes three years to draw in most zones. They just sold one on Ebay for $9,701.99 check it out. If you would have only known, you could have bought that tag and hunted with me. ;) Darn the luck anyway. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:24 am

OR YOU CAN APPLY FOR ONE OF THE 500 GOVENOR TAGS THEY GIVE OUT FREE TO CELEBERTIES... Andrae applied when he was airing Whitetail Addictions and got free tags to hunt there. I told him I thought that was bullcrap, he agreed and said, he might as well apply and take the free tags rather than they give it to someone else... And the free tags are good in any unit.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 am

dan wrote:OR YOU CAN APPLY FOR ONE OF THE 500 GOVENOR TAGS THEY GIVE OUT FREE TO CELEBERTIES... Andrae applied when he was airing Whitetail Addictions and got free tags to hunt there. I told him I thought that was bullcrap, he agreed and said, he might as well apply and take the free tags rather than they give it to someone else... And the free tags are good in any unit.

Lot of people get gout over the Governors tags. Especially the NR land owners that can only hunt every three years.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:32 am

Wow only $9k. I see there are more available, maybe Ill pick one up. :roll:
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:34 am

kenn1320 wrote:Wow only $9k. I see there are more available, maybe Ill pick one up. :roll:

Get a couple and take a buddy along. ;)
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 am

kenn1320 wrote:Wow only $9k. I see there are more available, maybe Ill pick one up. :roll:

Well if I would have known that.............. :roll: :shock:
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 am

Wowza! 9K for a tag on ebay - talk about madness. Stanley now you know why we scout like crazy and dive into bedding areas. That 9K goes a long way on the public land. :D
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:17 am

Is there a difference between hunting IA vs WI......let me think of the last NR tag that sold for 9k in WI.........yaaaaaa....Never. :lol:
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 am

a non resident doe tag in pa is $6
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 am

jlh42581 wrote:a non resident doe tag in pa is $6

LOL WTF?!?!??! we aint talking bout does!

and this thread died for the 4th time a few weeks ago, now we stir the pot again? dang it!
You can't kill em on the couch
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 am

Brandon wrote:
jlh42581 wrote:a non resident doe tag in pa is $6

LOL WTF?!?!??! we aint talking bout does!

and this thread died for the 4th time a few weeks ago, now we stir the pot again? dang it!

LOL :lol:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Wow, just found this thread, lots of reading for sure. I myself don't do the sanctuary thing, I think if the deer is pressured you wont kill him unless you get either extremely lucky, or if you go in his bedroom and take him out, if your hunting very low pressured land, I would hunt the fringes and try to move every set, never sitting each more than once or twice a season.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:36 am

Great thread, that just won't die. :lol:
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Stanley wrote:Great thread, that just won't die. :lol:

This looks to have been a heated thread, but with that said I did pick up some tips that I had never given any thought to. I think it should be a must read for all new members.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”