No Washer or Dryer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

No Washer or Dryer

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:20 am

Okay so my parents are in the middle of moving, and my apartment does not have a washer or dryer. My parents do have one but they do not pay any utilities where they are staying so I dont want to go over and wash a bunch of clothes and run up the water and electric bills. They wont move into their new house until the end of September. And the season starts here September 15th.

So what I am getting at is how would you guys go about washing your clothes in this situation? I don't really want to use a public washer and dryer because of all the scents and detergent that the people go crazy with. Any suggestions? Just trying to finish up all of my own personal Honey Dos for myself before the season lmao. Last year I was running around like crazy on opening day trying to get everything done lol.

Also any tricks that people use when storing the clothing in containers would be helpful as well.

I know a lot of people don't even wash their clothes with the scent free soaps, but it makes me feel like I have an extra slight slight edge over the deer. Even if it doesn't it just makes me feel a little better. Also I am sure you guys have a thread on this I just figured it is kinda odd to not have a washer and dryer at your disposal lol. I am partially poor at the moment. lol

vermonthunter16
500 Club

Re: No Washer or Dryer

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:29 am

Dead serious when I say this, get a good sized tub, pick up some detergent that is scent and UV free, warm water, hand wash and hang outside. Make sure you rinse it out as well. Gotta put some work into it but it works!
-Rick
Jrichard

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:32 am

I dont mind work. I only have one day off a week the next few weeks so I am trying to get everything up and running lol. Does it usually take a day to dry? Just cant leave them out over night. I dont live in a very good part of my state lol.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 am

vermonthunter16 wrote:Dead serious when I say this, get a good sized tub, pick up some detergent that is scent and UV free, warm water, hand wash and hang outside. Make sure you rinse it out as well. Gotta put some work into it but it works!

X2 I do it with a washer and dryer available. The public laundromat gets the same laundry detergent and dryer sheets as your rents just not daily.

I hang mine out in some trees to try
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:36 am

Laundry mat if the clothes really need a wash.. have a clean access route, play the wind, use milkweed, see what your scent stream is actually doing. The deer are going to smell you one way or the other of your scent gets to them

Jrichard

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:36 am

Well the one good thing about my family is we have a lot of Swedish and Scottish in us. So scented detergents and perfumes make us all break out. So we use scent free everything all year round anyway lol. But I know that the guy that my parents are renting from use perfumes. (He has 3 24 year old daughters lol).
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 am

Get some activated charcoal. Put the powder in a mesh bag. Throw in a sealed container with your clothes. All the odor will be gone.

http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/pro ... or_control

Last edited by Hawthorne on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:42 am

Jrichard wrote: (He has 3 24 year old daughters lol).

Any of the three single :lol:

Jrichard

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:49 am

Yeah the two twins are ;P I was over there on the 4th of july and one of the twins asked me if I wanted to go out with her after she got home from Europe two months. I told her I would have to take a rain check for after January 31st if shes still interested lol. She wont be home until september 17th. Cant take any time off of hunting season. Need to harvest my first deer. I am dedicated to hunt every single day I have off morning and night and/or all day until I harvest one. lol Even if its a doe.

Priorities my friends. Priorities.
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:22 am

I've been using a laundromat for hunting clothes for a long time. I use unscented detergent year round.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:58 am

First, hang with the twin. It will only up your game in the woods. Trust me.

Second, dont wash your hunting clothes until they stink. It'll make you a better hunter. Trust me.

Third, hang with the twin.

I swear, youth is wasted on the young!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
rbuckleyjr1
500 Club

Unread postby rbuckleyjr1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:03 am

I use Atsko sport wash for my clothes. It doesn't have any UV brightners that normal detergents do.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:15 am

We live on a lake and once a week I tell my wife how lucky she is to have a washer & dryer.
If she complains too much, I tell her I'll take them away and buy her a wash board, then she can clean by the lake!

That's how I roll Baby!!! :!:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 am

I just washed my hunting/scouting pants for the first time since spring turkey season. My wife said she would not ride in my car anymore unless I washed them or removed them from the trunk...and I wasn't leaving them out of the car!

I do wash them a bit more during the season...but less and less every year haha.

Yep, will make you a better hunter if you don't :lol:
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 am

JoeRE wrote:I just washed my hunting/scouting pants for the first time since spring turkey season. My wife said she would not ride in my car anymore unless I washed them or removed them from the trunk...and I wasn't taking them out of the car!

Yep, will make you a better hunter if you don't :lol:

I havnt washed any of my stuff from last deer season..should be in for a good season lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”