No Washer or Dryer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: No Washer or Dryer

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:01 am

Can you post up your maps?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:07 am

Yep post up a map would be a great start.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:15 am

Jrichard wrote:I mean I hear all these talks about different terrain features. Like funnels, ridges and all that stuff. Even transition lines. Everything in most my spots are all hard woods. Very very little soft woods. So with ALL hardwoods is it best to set up just outside of an area with a good amount of undergrowth? I mean I can see the terrain features on topo maps. But when I am out in the woods everything looks the same. Beautiful but the same lol. How do you know if the terrain feature is being used? How do you know if its not? lol. It seems like when I go in blind and I think oh this looks like an awesome spot. And I get in tree i get skunked lol. I get that you have to find the bedding areas, but in a new spot like that how do you know where these are if you're walking with the wind in your face and that restricts your scouting?

I see how everything makes sense but I seem to be too incompetent to execute lol. I feel like there is so much I am missing. lol

Getting skunked on a hunt is very normal keep trying. Read dans journal you will understand. Setting up on the edge of thick growth with the wind in your face is a good start. Look for trails coming out with fresh tracks leading to some acorns. Kill some does to get some deer under your belt. Just use good woods sense. Move quietly to your stand. Don't move to much and look and listen for movement.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 am

I think you need a plan. You seem very excited. Get a starting point n build on that. If you have questions send out some PMs.. Guys are really willing to help.

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:32 am

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/jrthorn ... 8.png.html

Blue is a bedding area I saw in FEB. The black dot with an L above it is where I put a ladder stand. Above the ladder stand is a doe bedding area. The other black dot is where I plan on using a climber to sit a few times there. The deer that bed on that ridge tend to use this area a lot. I see a lot of bucks and doe cruising this area. Out of the frame is a small Christmas tree farm. public land buts right up to that.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:51 am

Whats in the two marshy areas? Maybe post a satellite view. There looks to be alot of hill style bedding points also. The land looks like it has alot of good stuff to explore.

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Now where would you look? I have looked all over and have only found those two bedding areas. I wouldnt mind a doe bedding area lol. I wannt to take any deer right now. lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”