New moon position-deer activity telemetry study

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: New moon position-deer activity telemetry study

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:10 am

headgear wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Went glassing this morning and there was a major deer movement between 7:00-8:30.... saw deer everywhere, a lot on food sourced. Checked the moon..... one more journal entry that tells me the moon might have a little influence on deer movement but it is very minute at best.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dave I don't see any moon times near the movement you are talking about this morning, there was a moonset around 5:30am but nothing else. What moon info do you use?

Exactly.... had i went by the moon charts I wouldn't have went and thus id have missed a major movement period

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:05 am

Who told you not to scout or hunt on days when the moon isn't perfect? :think:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:16 am

Did a walkabout this morning finally put eyes on the old buck I have been looking for. That's the good news. The bad news his rack has gone down hill from last year. :cry: The other bad news is he was on a property I can't hunt. :cry: Not sure what the moon phase was? That said the buck doesn't hold a pattern for me to figure out.

I think he's watching the moon phase and knows when he is expected to move and does just the opposite out of spite. ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:39 am

It's pretty clear now that you guys might have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the moon works but that is ok, carry on.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:15 am

headgear wrote:It's pretty clear now that you guys might have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the moon works but that is ok, carry on.

I think most everyone is on a different page when it comes to moon phase and buck movement. Too many choices for most to nail it down to one that is the best. I think that is the reality of it. Just because you or I believe the moon effects deer movement, doesn't make it so. It's more like what we want it to be, more than what it is. If I ask how big of a rock would God have to create that he couldn't move? Is there a definitive answer? Same with the moon stuff, is there a definitive answer? :think:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 am

No Headgear, I understand it completely I just think its not very accurate at all.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 am

DaveT1963 wrote:No Headgear, I understand it completely I just think its not very accurate at all.

Back to my original question then, who said to not hunt on moon days or to stay home? That seems to be the main argument from the moon detractors, honestly I hunt far more days without the moon than I do with it so I am trying to figure out why you guys keep bringing this up when I don't recall anyone ever promoting that in any way shape or form.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:14 am

It wasnt a good moon day.... just posted what I'm seeing

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”