Shooting with a blurry peep

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Shooting with a blurry peep

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:48 pm

wmahunter wrote:Get your eyes check. Old age can cause that. Been there done that - several times.
Progressive lenses are great and they include a bi-focal . No lines in the lenses.

I went to progressive lenses last year and it actually helped a lot with shooting bow. After 40 years old that really starts to become an issue. I always laughed at my mom when she took her glasses of to read but then it happened to me. :doh:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Shooting with a blurry peep

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Stanley wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
Stanley wrote:I'm not following you? Pin is clear, target is clear, but the peep is bury? What style of peep? How big of a hole in the peep?

3/16 peep

I'm not saying my pin and target are PERFECTLY crisp like they are during daylight... each has a bit of a blur... my peep is definitely my main issue.

Stanley my main point is it is easy for a hunter to practice in a comfortable environment. Typically the shots we are offered in the field are much more difficult than what we practice. I shoot a small peep which helps with accuracy during daylight, but it is a hindrance when it starts getting dark. That is why I like to practice after the sun has set. It helps me learn my limitations.

I keep shooting until I know I can't hit my target with confidence...

Gotcha. I think like others have said bigger peep for low light is a must. Also both eyes open helps. Super bright pin also helps.

Don't forget your eyes. Many guys focus on the bow amd sight but many improvements can be made in night vision with fresh quality contacts or HIGH quality glasses. I personally see best with fresh contact lens but I have several friends that run Zeiss eyeglasses to maximize their time in low light due to issues with contact lens.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”