Bullet Proof Pants

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RBrave

Bullet Proof Pants

Unread postby RBrave » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Over the last few years I have been going further and further in some of the public land near me. Last year I promised myself that I'd invest in some pants that aren't going to leave me bloody after all the briars I end up in, which have also torn up my trusty asat leafy suit.

What will last multiple seasons of abuse? Right now I'm torn between double kneed Carharts or Arborwear pants (might attampt a DIY asat), or one of the tougher fabrics from Day One, Enigma, or GWW. The last ones are custom and expensive, and might not get here before bow season starts in MD. I tend to hunt from September (hot) to January (cold), and at some point in there end up switching to flannel lined Carharts to keep warm.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Bullet Proof Pants

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:29 pm

If your pounding that stuff consistently, all of the mentioned will fall apart. You need to move to a quality chap like those made by dans. Not as quiet as some kf the options and covering with stealth strips can help a ton, but it's tough as nails. Dans is tough stuff.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:32 pm

I had gotten some supposedly briar-proof pants back in the day. Briar thorns got ind=side the nylon part and were very poky and scratchy.

Leather chaps would be quiet I guess...
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Leave the asat in your pack until you get close. I wear my tan carhardt work pants a lot.

Could look into some chaps but they may be hot early season? Not sure. Dan's are not super expensive...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 am

I wear these most of the time at work, bird hunt in them and have taken them on a few whitetail hunts. I treat them w/ permanone and you ready to go. They are light I've never noticed them being very noisy especially when they are worn often, they are light, they dry really fast, they are super tough and they last a long time. I'm one my third pair in 16 years. you just slip them over your pants and your good. Might be a good option for you.
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/produ ... ushwackers Briar-Proof Chaps
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”