Another good wired to hunt podcast - Eddie Claypool

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Re: Another good wired to hunt podcast - Eddie Claypool

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:43 am

Great 1st name ;)

Although I'm the real EDDY...

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
rff

Unread postby rff » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 am

Very refreshing to listen to. I really enjoyed it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 am

WiredToHunt wrote:Glad you guys enjoyed this one! I really did too. And Mainebowhunter, you're right! lol lot of different perspectives on this stuff

If a new guy tried to grab ahold of all of it...he would end up with brain scramble. This guy hardcore scouts a lot of areas a month before he hunts them. Which flies in the face of a lot of the ideas that are shared. John Eberhart is all about post season. Eddie Claypool is all about scouting a piece month before he hunts it. Both kill good bucks.

In the end, you decide what works best for you....and if your killing good bucks and enjoying yourself, well, guess your doing it right!
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Good podcast listened to it while stuck in traffic today. His pointers on all day sits were pretty good.

NIGEL01
Facebook: pinemartenpossibles

Unread postby NIGEL01 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:05 pm

I've read his stuff for 25 years, he's an animal. Neat to hear his perspective on the industry now.

Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Great Podcast by Mark Kenyon once again. Wired to hunt is great! I love it.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:18 am

Finally listened to this one. Great stuff. Ole Eddy is a hoot!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Iabow

Unread postby Iabow » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:54 am

Thanks, that was a awesome listen. I have to agree with the commercialization of the industry, I can not stand outdoor TV. I call them product prostitutes. Like listening to guys that do the work, are smart and get the job done.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:10 am

This was the best podcast I have heard so far. I especially enjoyed the middle part where he talked about his views on bowhunting in general. I absolutely agree with everything he said. Wish more people would view the sport this way. The direction the hunting industry is headed really troubles me. It's so refreshing to hear someone speak so honestly about everything and he earned even more respect than I had for him before. (which was very high before) Well done and keep them coming. Looking forward to more quality podcasts like this in the future. 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 am

Finally got around to listening to this yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the "Go play golf".

Agree completely with the hunting industry comments, I would say I got "turned off" deer in a way because of it a few years ago. Not in actual stand time or working for deer, but in the aspect of talking deer hunting with others. I've finally realized that the majority of people are always going to be looking for the EASY button and to seek out like minded individuals when looking for hunting buddies. From the hour and a half of Mr. Claypool talking, you can tell he's chasing the adventure and challenge.

I was in the backyard shooting my bow while listening as he was talking about getting over buck fever. The comment was something along the lines of "I don't even want to think about all the big bucks I missed out on before I got control of it." Yeah, I feel ya. Below is a little snippet I took from an article of his a few days ago, this has been my bowhunting journey in a nutshell. The shooting part of it has never been something I've enjoyed on nearly the same level as I enjoy the hunting aspect. As Mr. Claypool said, "If you're not confident in your ability to make shots, you're nothing more than a glorified nature observer." That hit home. Hopefully I'll be looking at that part of it in the past tense soon.

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 am

thwack16 wrote:Finally got around to listening to this yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the "Go play golf".

Agree completely with the hunting industry comments, I would say I got "turned off" deer in a way because of it a few years ago. Not in actual stand time or working for deer, but in the aspect of talking deer hunting with others. I've finally realized that the majority of people are always going to be looking for the EASY button and to seek out like minded individuals when looking for hunting buddies. From the hour and a half of Mr. Claypool talking, you can tell he's chasing the adventure and challenge.

I was in the backyard shooting my bow while listening as he was talking about getting over buck fever. The comment was something along the lines of "I don't even want to think about all the big bucks I missed out on before I got control of it." Yeah, I feel ya. Below is a little snippet I took from an article of his a few days ago, this has been my bowhunting journey in a nutshell. The shooting part of it has never been something I've enjoyed on nearly the same level as I enjoy the hunting aspect. As Mr. Claypool said, "If you're not confident in your ability to make shots, you're nothing more than a glorified nature observer." That hit home. Hopefully I'll be looking at that part of it in the past tense soon.

That was probably my favorite part of the podcast. It holds so much truth. ALL of my biggest bucks only came once I got control of the fever.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:34 am

Couldn't agree with you guys more...Eddie seems to be a stand up guy and a little bit old school and I have a lot of respect for both those things.

I am struggling with what deer hunting means to me personally and what it actually is in the big picture at this point in my life. Definitely touched a nerve.
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:27 pm

JoeRE wrote:Couldn't agree with you guys more...Eddie seems to be a stand up guy and a little bit old school and I have a lot of respect for both those things.

Yep solid guy, be fun to tag along on one of Eddies road trips!

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Great Podcast listened tonight. Keep them coming.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:16 am

I love this guy! Great podcast. Thanks Mark
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”