SPIN OFF OF TREE STANDS

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

SPIN OFF OF TREE STANDS

Unread postby Jrichard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:04 am

So I was just wondering what some of you guys do for ladder stands. I usually use climbers so I can stay portable. But there is one spot that is SUPER thick and it would virtually impossible for me to get into it without making a lot of noise with with a stand on my back. This spot is hard enough to get into with nothing but a trail camera in your hand lol. ( just recently pulled my camera out of there.) Anyways so I put up a 2 person stand but its only going to be me hunting it. I plan on sitting in this stand all day long so I wanted it to be roomy.

But anyway I wanted to know what you guys do to secure the stand to the tree. I used the two wenches that come with the stand. I put them on as instructed in the directions. Then I went back that day and put two more on there for safe keeping. Should I do anything else? The stand still seems to be a tad bit shaky but I think it is because it was just put up and its not settled in because no one has been sitting in it. I plan on getting a hunters safety system so that I am always tethered to the tree at all times. But as far as securing the tree stand more to the tree does anyone have any tricks? lol Thank you!!

Jrichard

Re: SPIN OFF OF TREE STANDS

Unread postby Jrichard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:47 am

Also, as far as the safety harness strap that goes around the tree goes. Does anyone know a more sufficient product that is easier to use than the ones that come with the harnesses? When I use my climber and I have to go up the tree every 10 feet or so I have to loosen the strap around the tree and bring it up another 10 feet or so. And when doing this, the strap around the tree twists and makes it hard to loosen and tighten it up around the tree when you have to move it. Is there another tree strap that is more efficient? I know I sound lazy but its annoying and I feel like the clanking that the buckle makes when I have to untangle it, and all the movement it takes to do it may be alerting the deer. Thanks again guys.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:30 am

I'd recommend switching to the rope and prussic knot style tree strap. No metal parts to clank together and no nylon strap to get twisted.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:39 am

Ladder stand are best used with the lifeline style system. Rope runs from base up to top along the ladder and a prussic slides up and down with you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Jrichard

Unread postby Jrichard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:38 am

how about for climbers?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”