Meat storage & preparation

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Meat storage & preparation

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Buckshot20 wrote:I prefer meat that comes from the grocery store, where no animals were killed!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

:lol:

The sad thing is, some people think that.

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
Buckshot20 wrote:I prefer meat that comes from the grocery store, where no animals were killed!!!

This reminds me of something a professor told me in college. I took generals for the health field for a bit before I 180'd and decided to be an electrician. :D

My anatomy and physiology professor told the class that he once had a female student who was EXTREMELY grossed out once she found out that meat was actually muscle. In his own words, "I don't know if she thought the body consisted of bones, muscle, and just... ... MEAT?!?" :lol: :lol:

He said she was very grossed out by the fact that she realized she'd been eating muscles her whole life :lol:
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 pm

If it's cool enough I like to cut my own. Last year I used a small local guy that aged my early season doe in his walk in cooler. He did saran wrap and gallon freezer bags. Honestly I liked it worked good. Normally im a vacuum seal guy though. Not sure if the 7 days we aged it mattered though. I didnt notice a difference from when I cut them up in previous years.

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:35 am

Lockdown wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:

This reminds me of something a professor told me in college. I took generals for the health field for a bit before I 180'd and decided to be an electrician. :D

My anatomy and physiology professor told the class that he once had a female student who was EXTREMELY grossed out once she found out that meat was actually muscle. In his own words, "I don't know if she thought the body consisted of bones, muscle, and just... ... MEAT?!?" :lol: :lol:

He said she was very grossed out by the fact that she realized she'd been eating muscles her whole life :lol:

Lol

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”