Upcoming podcast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Upcoming podcast

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am

Should be a great podcast.

Curious how you handle hunting pressure? Do you try to avoid it or use it to your advantage? Sounds like in MI it's pretty hard to avoid so would like to hear about your thoughts on this.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am

After talking to you for a bit at the workshop, the power of observation stands really stood out. I'm looking forward to the entire podcast, but would really like to hear more in depth about observation sits.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:54 am

oldrank wrote:That awesome WTA !! I could probably think of a million things but Ill keep it short. When you are after a certain buck are you constantly hunting him in a general area and moving around hoping to pick him out of multiple locations or do you zero in on one main area n wait for perfect days?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

^^^ THIS ^^^

And I'm also with DeerDylan on the individual stories of bucks that you've killed. Details such as: what time of year you first located him, how you kept tabs on him, his tendencies/personality, size of core area, what the key was to killing him etc

Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:08 am

This should be a good one

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:23 am

One of many things that you have written on the beast that has stuck with me is about how big bucks move. You said something along the lines that people need to learn how bucks MOVE on the land after they find the beds. That was something that tied together a lot of loose ends for me. Reading the sign, connecting the dots and finding where a buck will move on his way to or from his bedding. Would love to hear you talk about this in depth, thanks!
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 am

I would like to hear some of your times where you struggled as well. It is great to hear all the positive in a hunters journey but we all have ups and downs and it would give some insight and a learning experience to hear where and why you struggled and what adjustments you had to make to become a better hunter

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 am

Looking forward to this one.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:57 am

hunter_mike wrote:One of many things that you have written on the beast that has stuck with me is about how big bucks move. You said something along the lines that people need to learn how bucks MOVE on the land after they find the beds. That was something that tied together a lot of loose ends for me. Reading the sign, connecting the dots and finding where a buck will move on his way to or from his bedding. Would love to hear you talk about this in depth, thanks!

I will do my best sir

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:58 am

hunter10 wrote:I would like to hear some of your times where you struggled as well. It is great to hear all the positive in a hunters journey but we all have ups and downs and it would give some insight and a learning experience to hear where and why you struggled and what adjustments you had to make to become a better hunter

That could be a separate podcast, should get us all together on one podcast for that one :lol:

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Stanley wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Means a lot to have all you the guys showing support, but really hits home when it's long time members and hunters I admire and respect doing the same. Thank you Stanley and Dewey, and all of you guys. Really can't express my gratitude.

KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:44 pm

The idea of finding as many "good" spots as possible, and hunting them sparingly, (and at the best times), is often talked about on the forum. I know from reading your posts that once you I.D. an area as being a big buck producer, you then really focus on that area until you understand the big buck movements. Can you discuss how you filter out the "so so" spots and hone in on the great spots?
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Stanley wrote:Looking forward to this one.

X2 - really have enjoyed all of the podcast so far.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

8-)

Maybe touch on what distance these observation sits are at? I'm sure it's terrain dependant... with a delicate balance of gaining the intelligence without tipping off the buck you are after.

Looking forward to it WA!

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:59 pm

KLEMZ wrote:The idea of finding as many "good" spots as possible, and hunting them sparingly, (and at the best times), is often talked about on the forum. I know from reading your posts that once you I.D. an area as being a big buck producer, you then really focus on that area until you understand the big buck movements. Can you discuss how you filter out the "so so" spots and hone in on the great spots?

I will try to break that down in my scouting discussion post and in season

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:8-)

Maybe touch on what distance these observation sits are at? I'm sure it's terrain dependant... with a delicate balance of gaining the intelligence without tipping off the buck you are after.

Looking forward to it WA!

When I talk of how I use observation stands I will try to go as in depth as possible. Thanks JM

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”