For me...it really is true what they say about failure...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: For me...it really is true what they say about failure..

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:39 am

I feel for you bud. I've been left standing at full draw as well, especially early on in my bowhunting. If you don't have a good 3d target to shoot get one. The confidence to aim for the exit and not the entrance has helped me a ton over the years. As others have stated just sending arrows though legal deer will teach you more then you can learn in any class I have ever been to. Understand that not all shots will be perfect (seen a lot of good shooters develop target panic because of this). It is stupid hot outside right now so I have a block set up in my man cave to shoot blind bail and refine the basics before I start shooting in the evenings next month. I release 12 arrows everyday that I possibly can into that block. Aug I start target shooting daily again.

Tuf- The below average hunting beast
JohnFunn

Re: For me...it really is true what they say about failure..

Unread postby JohnFunn » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:46 am

Tufrthnails wrote:I feel for you bud. I've been left standing at full draw as well, especially early on in my bowhunting. If you don't have a good 3d target to shoot get one. The confidence to aim for the exit and not the entrance has helped me a ton over the years. As others have stated just sending arrows though legal deer will teach you more then you can learn in any class I have ever been to. Understand that not all shots will be perfect (seen a lot of good shooters develop target panic because of this). It is stupid hot outside right now so I have a block set up in my man cave to shoot blind bail and refine the basics before I start shooting in the evenings next month. I release 12 arrows everyday that I possibly can into that block. Aug I start target shooting daily again.

Very good points! Ive been pounding my 3d alot lol. ..although its hot here too...must be about 68 today ;) Im very excited to shoot a couple does this year..not sure what ive been waiting for the last couple years...but im on it! Thanks!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”