Incredible deer hunting opportunity

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Freelance Bowhunter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bernie.barringer.5/

Incredible deer hunting opportunity

Unread postby Freelance Bowhunter » Tue May 24, 2016 2:37 am

I decided to offer this opportunity to Hunting Beast readers first. This is kinda long, but if you are interested in a unique deer hunt, bear with me.

I have been spring bear hunting in the Duck Mountains of Manitoba for a few years and the outfitter has some fantastic bear hunting. The best I know of. He also takes a few deer hunters during rifle season and they kill some really nice big bodied, chocolate antlered bucks. Well last year, I did not fill my tag in the spring so he allowed me to go back in the fall for a bear hunt. I shot my bear the first night, August 29 and then I spent a couple days looking over the local deer population that was coming out into the fields in the evenings before I went home. I was astounded. This outfitter owns more than 1000 acres of his own, and it is forest mixed with fields of alfalfa and clover. In some of these fields were 30-40 deer including a dozen bucks up to 160. Lots of heavy antlered bucks in the 130-140 class.

The archery deer season opens September 5 but he has never marketed his hunts to bowhunters. In fact he has no idea what he really has. A gold mine of early season bowhunting for nice bucks and many are still in velvet the first week of the season. He told me if I could bring four other hunters plus myself, we could have the place to ourselves the first week of the season. The cost is only $3,000 per person for a 5-6 day hunt, and includes all licenses and tags, meals, lodging, Skinning, quartering and freezing of the deer, etc. He provides 4-wheelers to get to the stands, etc.

If you have priced other high quality hunts in other states, you know this is a bargain, remember it includes licenses. Plus the Canadian exchange is at 30% right now so this hunt is really only $2100 if the exchange rate holds. He is open to us using cameras, hanging stands, etc. Since he mostly put hunters in box blinds with heaters in November, there is a learning curve on these early season whitetails and he is okay with us kinda taking control of some aspects of getting on these bucks.

I am going up a few days before to kill a bear and do some scouting, hang cameras, glass fields, etc. His bear hunts are all sold out but if you kill your buck and want to go sit on a bear bait for an evening and see some huge bears (I killed a B&C the first night there last year).

I am looking for four SERIOUS HUNTERS. If you are going to sit around the cabin drinking too much and not be in condition to hunt hard and long, do not contact me. If you are interested in a fun hunt where you will see a lot of deer in the northwoods of Western Manitoba and have a chance to kill a nice buck, send me a PM and I can get you more information about the details.

Bucky

Re: Incredible deer hunting opportunity

Unread postby Bucky » Tue May 24, 2016 3:30 am

$3000 Canadian?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Re: Incredible deer hunting opportunity

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue May 24, 2016 3:50 am

Freelance Bowhunter wrote:I decided to offer this opportunity to Hunting Beast readers first. This is kinda long, but if you are interested in a unique deer hunt, bear with me.

I have been spring bear hunting in the Duck Mountains of Manitoba for a few years and the outfitter has some fantastic bear hunting. The best I know of. He also takes a few deer hunters during rifle season and they kill some really nice big bodied, chocolate antlered bucks. Well last year, I did not fill my tag in the spring so he allowed me to go back in the fall for a bear hunt. I shot my bear the first night, August 29 and then I spent a couple days looking over the local deer population that was coming out into the fields in the evenings before I went home. I was astounded. This outfitter owns more than 1000 acres of his own, and it is forest mixed with fields of alfalfa and clover. In some of these fields were 30-40 deer including a dozen bucks up to 160. Lots of heavy antlered bucks in the 130-140 class.

The archery deer season opens September 5 but he has never marketed his hunts to bowhunters. In fact he has no idea what he really has. A gold mine of early season bowhunting for nice bucks and many are still in velvet the first week of the season. He told me if I could bring four other hunters plus myself, we could have the place to ourselves the first week of the season. The cost is only $3,000 per person for a 5-6 day hunt, and includes all licenses and tags, meals, lodging, Skinning, quartering and freezing of the deer, etc. He provides 4-wheelers to get to the stands, etc.

If you have priced other high quality hunts in other states, you know this is a bargain, remember it includes licenses. [glow=red]Plus the Canadian exchange is at 30% right now so this hunt is really only $2100[/glow] if the exchange rate holds. He is open to us using cameras, hanging stands, etc. Since he mostly put hunters in box blinds with heaters in November, there is a learning curve on these early season whitetails and he is okay with us kinda taking control of some aspects of getting on these bucks.

I am going up a few days before to kill a bear and do some scouting, hang cameras, glass fields, etc. His bear hunts are all sold out but if you kill your buck and want to go sit on a bear bait for an evening and see some huge bears (I killed a B&C the first night there last year).

I am looking for four SERIOUS HUNTERS. If you are going to sit around the cabin drinking too much and not be in condition to hunt hard and long, do not contact me. If you are interested in a fun hunt where you will see a lot of deer in the northwoods of Western Manitoba and have a chance to kill a nice buck, send me a PM and I can get you more information about the details.

Looks like $3000 Canadian...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”