Please Cyber Scout! Thanks Beasts!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GloryDaysDesign
Facebook: twitter: @leestrohe

Please Cyber Scout! Thanks Beasts!

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Sun May 22, 2016 3:27 pm

I have recently gained access to a 130 acre farm, that is separated by a pretty busy/fast road. The northern half of this farm is abundantly AG land, and planted in corn most of the time. The southern half has a smaller upper field, and in the middle of this section, there is a pond, and a food plot that we are putting in. Further south it is all timber, dropping lower in elevation until it hits another property, and then it hits small lake, muck, swampy area.

The surrounding treestands are all out sniper towers, used during rifle most of the time. The neighbors have shot some big deer, but I believe they just mow them down when they can as well. Definitely no QDM mindset. The lower most two X's of the 5 marked, are a ladder used for bow, and a climber we found on a tree. All the stands are unfortunately on our borders it seems.

My friend and I have tried to make our own bedding areas by doing some Timber Stand Improvement... we cut some trees down, and tried to get some sun shining on the forest floor to develop new undergrowth. We tried to create two mini jungles here. Even further south is an area that is referred to as a Dam. It is a gross swampy mud-like shallower lake. On the other side of that are train tracks.

I do believe there are a lot of things that could hold some big bucks in this area. Swamp, Water, AG, Timber, I do know of two 150s and 170 that have been killed here in the past 7 years. And that is beyond huge for this area. To the left of the pond we are planting a foodplot of clover/oats.

Please help beasts! Thanks!

Wlog
500 Club

Re: Please Cyber Scout! Thanks Beasts!

Unread postby Wlog » Mon May 23, 2016 5:29 am

I'm having trouble seeing your maps.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Mon May 23, 2016 5:51 am

Just a friendly reminder, you should black out names, roads, etc... Some people do like to lurk on here

GloryDaysDesign

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Mon May 23, 2016 10:07 am

Ok I will try to upload clearer maps tomorrow.

GloryDaysDesign

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 am

This thread is hopefully being deleted, I created a new one in the Scouting Thread with better maps:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35623

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”