CWD spinning out of control in Wisconsin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buck snort

CWD spinning out of control in Wisconsin

Unread postby Buck snort » Sat May 21, 2016 4:36 am

I live in Southern Wisconsin, and it definitely is ramping up in my area, I have to admit, it's scaring me a little bit. We are finding more and more dead deer every year, more so than 10 years ago.
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/e ... 5cced.html

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dewey

Re: CWD spinning out of control in Wisconsin

Unread postby Dewey » Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am

Are you 100% positive they died from CWD? Do you see a lot of sick deer with classic CWD symptoms?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
rutjunkie

Unread postby rutjunkie » Sat May 21, 2016 5:50 am

Thanks for sharing, that has to be the best read I have read on the subject of cwd.

There is only so many Novembers in ones life, make the most of them.
Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Sat May 21, 2016 5:58 am

Dewey wrote:Are you 100% positive they died from CWD? Do you see a lot of sick deer with classic CWD symptoms?

I can't be 100% certain they all died from cwd. We have a fairly large group that gun hunts, and I would say half or more of the bucks that have been shot in the last 5 years, turned out positive on the test. I've seen deer standing next to the road, with their ribcage showing, like they are starving to death or something, and where I live there is PLENTY of winter food for them, there is no shortage of food.

I don't know what the answer is, it's pretty evident that you can't get rid of the disease, even if you would shoot every single deer, the disease stays in the ground or something. I don't like the way it's headed, but I fear my area is going to get the worst of it in the coming years... it sucks!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 21, 2016 6:01 am

I like the part of the Democrats pointing at Walker demanding something be done... What should he do? Outlaw CWD, and arrest every deer that TESTS POSITIVE? Nothing can be done. Its in the soil and is everywhere they look for it. Killing all the deer to save the deer don't work.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat May 21, 2016 6:07 am

It sucks for sure. Definitely scary. I've seen the sick deer in that area too. I agree there is little that can be done. One can only hope that evolution favors the deer over the prion...and before any zoonosis to humans.

Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Sat May 21, 2016 7:37 am

I say bring the wolfs down they will take care of the sick.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Sat May 21, 2016 8:14 am

Findian wrote:I say bring the wolfs down they will take care of the sick.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

ha, there is a few of them around here already.... a friend spotted one a couple months ago when he was out shed hunting. We also have lots of bobcats around.
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 am

dan wrote:I like the part of the Democrats pointing at Walker demanding something be done... What should he do? Outlaw CWD, and arrest every deer that TESTS POSITIVE? Nothing can be done. Its in the soil and is everywhere they look for it. Killing all the deer to save the deer don't work.

Exactly.

We have been dealing with this in Michigan now and this is exactly the plan to get rid of it. Shooting all the deer they can. Complete B.S.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 am

When that 1.5 year old buck disperses 10 miles to his new home range carrying the prion is scary

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 21, 2016 10:20 am

Hawthorne wrote:When that 1.5 year old buck disperses 10 miles to his new home range carrying the prion is scary

When that vulture that ate the meet flies 600 miles and poops its even scarier...

When The same Democrats that think killing all the deer is the answer fight tooth and nail to allow un-inspected deer urine be sold nation wide and shipped to other countries for profit when its known that deer urine can carry the prions, and that deer urine comes from deer farms where the disease is the most prevalent, and unsuspecting hunters pour the prions into there soil to attract a big buck, is even scarier-er...

Or how about when they fought us tooth and nail when we wanted double fencing? and would not even enforce that on deer farms that tested positive? Scarier-er-er???

How about when they ship loads of top soil to other states? Hmmm... Scarier-er-er-er?

I heard something recently that they discovered it also gets into plants, like alphapha and clover... If thats true, even scarier-er-er-er-er, because, people buy seed for farm fields and food plots from the infected areas, and they ship hay across this country...

They have found infected deer everywhere they have taken a serious look... Its been in western states longer than I have been alive. Its nothing new. And its not going away. The only way they could of stopped the spread would of been to poison every deer, moose, and elk in north America. and never ever bring them back... And even then, its still here waiting...
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sat May 21, 2016 11:18 am

Pretty crazy how it spreads. Crappy you guys have it there, I hope we can keep it out of the up

trapper57
500 Club

Unread postby trapper57 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:02 pm

dan wrote:I like the part of the Democrats pointing at Walker demanding something be done... What should he do? Outlaw CWD, and arrest every deer that TESTS POSITIVE? Nothing can be done. Its in the soil and is everywhere they look for it. Killing all the deer to save the deer don't work.

The democrats have a lot of agendas.
None of them have the hunters best interest.
They would love to see the hunting seasons come to a halt.
That's why they want wolves, pretty much wiped out the herds in the north.
They want the deer herd down to a level that would be controlled by predators.

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sat May 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Mibowfreak wrote:

Exactly.

We have been dealing with this in Michigan now and this is exactly the plan to get rid of it. Shooting all the deer they can. Complete B.S.

Kroll says the more mature bucks are at risk..........they should do a test on Dan. He has eaten more mature bucks than most people have seen in a life time.

His brain seems fine......well most times :lol: :lol:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat May 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:
Mibowfreak wrote:

Exactly.

Kroll says the more mature bucks are at risk..........they should do a test on Dan. He has eaten more mature bucks than most people have seen in a life time.

His brain seems fine......well most times :lol: :lol:

Scarier-er-er-er!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”