Guidos Tree Web?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RxHawg

Guidos Tree Web?

Unread postby RxHawg » Sat May 21, 2016 1:49 am

Anyone have any experience with a tree web? Father's day and birthday coming up so gonna parlay that into either a tree web or lone wolfe. Will be used for swamps and big timber bedding area hunts. Need something packable and light.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Guidos Tree Web?

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 21, 2016 2:10 am

Ive never tried a Guidos web but know a few people that have. I heard they are very comfy but hot for early season hunts. I use a lone wolf assault 2 and have no complaints. If your a bigger guy and decide to go lone wolf I would get the alpha

RxHawg

Unread postby RxHawg » Sat May 21, 2016 2:27 am

Normal size guy, 5'11 200lbs. Was also looking at the Hawk stands. The helium seems comparable to the alpha and a little more economical

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat May 21, 2016 3:13 am

It's the most comfortable yet versatile stand I own.

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Sat May 21, 2016 3:30 am

It's the stand I use most if I'm sitting longer than a couple hours. Ultra comfy and warm for my Canadian winters. You can use any method of climbing with it including the one stick method.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 21, 2016 3:31 am

RxHawg wrote:Normal size guy, 5'11 200lbs. Was also looking at the Hawk stands. The helium seems comparable to the alpha and a little more economical

Im 5'10 175. You should be good with an assault then. I let my uncle hunt out of my assault 2. He's 6'3" and said it was to small for him.

flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:52 am

Used the web for two years. It's the most comfortable "stand" i've ever used. That being said I like the "minimalist" saddles a lot better. So much lighter and easier to pack. My web fully packed up with everything was just over 21lbs or so and I couldn't put my backpack on my back with it. My saddle set up now is under 3lbs and I can roll it up small enough to fit in my backpack. Check out SaddleHunter.com and you will get some great ideas on super lightweight set ups.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:44 am

Hawthorne wrote:Ive never tried a Guidos web but know a few people that have. I heard they are very comfy but hot for early season hunts. I use a lone wolf assault 2 and have no complaints. If your a bigger guy and decide to go lone wolf I would get the alpha

Anyone with any input on saddles for bigger guys? I'm 6'6" /250 and always sort of perceived that for a big fella like me they may not be as comfy or practical. I've been intrigued for a while, but haven't wanted to invest the time or money in any kind of saddle with that fear.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 am

flinginairos wrote:Used the web for two years. It's the most comfortable "stand" i've ever used. That being said I like the "minimalist" saddles a lot better. So much lighter and easier to pack. My web fully packed up with everything was just over 21lbs or so and I couldn't put my backpack on my back with it. My saddle set up now is under 3lbs and I can roll it up small enough to fit in my backpack. Check out SaddleHunter.com and you will get some great ideas on super lightweight set ups.

X2 - I have one but it hasn't seen action in three years now. Too hot, bulky and nosiy for my personal tastes and like Flinginairos - I much prefer a minimalist saddle.
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:10 am

This will be my first year in a saddle, so I don't have much input. I didn't buy one, and chose to build it myself instead. Mine is nowhere near minimalist at this point, so I will probably be making another one next year. I will say, from the few times I have taken it up a tree.... I think I'm really going to prefer saddles more than the Lone Wolf Assault I have been hunting from.

Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 am

I chose to get an original tree saddle instead of a guidos web 6 or 7 years ago when I was looking for an alternative to a tree stand. The web seemed more bulky and noise prone while I was considering it but I never used one so that's not a tested opinion. Have liked using the saddle ever since.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:22 am

I have the original saddle and also built a minimalist saddle and it's pretty dang sweet. I like how you can customize it. I robbed ideas from a few guys over at saddle hunter and the thing is really light and comfy. It will be put through the ringer this fall.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:20 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:I have the original saddle and also built a minimalist saddle and it's pretty dang sweet. I like how you can customize it. I robbed ideas from a few guys over at saddle hunter and the thing is really light and comfy. It will be put through the ringer this fall.

Same here - I designed mine off what everyone was sharing on the Saddle Hunter site. Lots of great info there.

I prepped all my trees this winter and spring using my minimalist saddle design and I have my routine down. I actually spent more time in a saddle scouting and prepping this year then I did the last three hunting seasons combined. Like anything, saddles seem to be very individualistic.... definitely not a one size fits all concept - but once you get her dialed in sitting in a traditional stand seems very uncomfortable - at lease it does for me.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:37 am

Dhurtubise wrote:It's the stand I use most if I'm sitting longer than a couple hours. Ultra comfy and warm for my Canadian winters. You can use any method of climbing with it including the one stick method.

Definitely. I love my web in cold. The seat definitely keeps you warm on stand when battling a stiff wind.

I'm hoping to use it more this year in conjunction with spurs.

The minimalist saddle is great too. It will be my go to in the early season.

flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:58 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
Ridgerunner7 wrote:I have the original saddle and also built a minimalist saddle and it's pretty dang sweet. I like how you can customize it. I robbed ideas from a few guys over at saddle hunter and the thing is really light and comfy. It will be put through the ringer this fall.

Same here - I designed mine off what everyone was sharing on the Saddle Hunter site. Lots of great info there.

I prepped all my trees this winter and spring using my minimalist saddle design and I have my routine down. I actually spent more time in a saddle scouting and prepping this year then I did the last three hunting seasons combined. Like anything, saddles seem to be very individualistic.... definitely not a one size fits all concept - but once you get her dialed in sitting in a traditional stand seems very uncomfortable - at lease it does for me.

This is definitely true for me as well. After saddle hunting the last couple years I despise hunting from a regular stand. We had a few spots on my lease last year that had pre hung lock on's and I would climb up and sit behind them in my saddle. Same thing with ladder stands :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”