Hang On or Climber?? What Brand??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckshot20
500 Club

Re: Hang On or Climber?? What Brand??

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:22 am

BA-IV wrote:
PK_ wrote:Quidos web is the most comfortable option on the market and I have sat in everything from summits to millenniums to tree lounge. But I did not enjoy the web in hot weather.

After getting an assault and climbing sticks the usage rate on all my other options has fallen off a cliff.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

What makes the assault so much more comfortable??

The LW cast stands are not necessarily the most comfortable, but the most versatile. Pretty much any tree. Small trees. I have a millennium and it is super comfy bit you need a certain size tree and the squeak. My XOP goes in almost everything and is rock solid and quiet.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat May 07, 2016 5:35 am

burkhart wrote:
BA-IV wrote:Absolutely no experience with a web sling seat...what are some benefits or comparisons when talking all day sits, comfort level, any complications with em...I've watched a few videos and it seems to be lots of parts to it and I'm more of a hands on learner.

weight and being able to move all the way around the tree. all day sits cant speak on it however osme say you can some say you cant. for the $$$$ sticks and stand will be same price if not cheaper

Not necessarily. A sit drag will run you about $28. You can build the whole set up for under $50, but it's easy to blow the budget with customizations. It will be my go to run n gun setup this year. I can get in trees that don't work with my hang ons.

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Sat May 07, 2016 5:52 am

BassBoysLLP wrote: I can get in trees that don't work with my hang ons.

Interesting I'm the exact opposite on the saddle vs stand. I'll grab the stand for a more versatile setup. My limitations with the saddle are leaning trees & heavily limby trees.

I'd be interest to hear what setup advantage(s) you find in the saddle. Maybe I'm missing the boat!!!!

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Sat May 07, 2016 6:12 am

burkhart wrote:
I based my statement off of actually buying a guidos or tribe off the shelf and even second hand for that matter. I always liked the idea of minimalist saddle but don't trust my sewing enough to hang 25 ft up.

You can pair a rock climbing harness with a sit drag & eliminate the need for any sewing. You should be able to get into this combo for less than $100. It's a great way to give saddle hunting a shot & not break the bank. The rock harness can also double as your safety harness for stand hunting so money wise the only really cost is a $35 sit drag. I much prefer the harness/drag setup to the Gudio's Web I had.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Sun May 08, 2016 1:58 pm

For years I used a Summit Viper. I got a Lone Wolf Assault and set of sticks last year. I primarily used that setup this past season. But on a few occasions I did bring out the climber during the rut. It's far more comfortable. But I was shocked at how loud I found it to be after using the hang on and sticks.. I'll still use the climber if I plan on the rare all day sit during the rut. But otherwise I prefer the assault.
I didn't think the setup worth the money at first. I' had been having success out of the climber. But folks on this site convinced me otherwise. I'm incredibly glad for that.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Sun May 08, 2016 2:05 pm

I got lucky and Cgbigbear pointed me to Ruger (both members) and I ended up purchasing a XOP air raid off of him. Now I been looking at sticks and will go with either hawk or xop sticks, both look good. I still want to get with someone local and see a harness in action, it just seems DIFFERENT but pretty efficient.

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 am

I have will be using a minimalist harness this year based off the SitDrag. Been using it all spring. Dave1963 has a lot of good stuff on the minimalist saddle stuff.
[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpBYxHVCLPQ[/bbvideo]

Without the platform as Dave is using, its a bit more difficult to shoot 360 around a tree. I opted for the minimalist harness because it was the cheapest, quietest way for me to get up a tree. I have a few climbers and some fixed stands. I use them all.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Mon May 09, 2016 12:57 am

Climbers are also not ideal for public land where cannot cut branches or limbs.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”