Governor Walker addressing the cwd in Wisconsin

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

trapper57
500 Club

Governor Walker addressing the cwd in Wisconsin

Unread postby trapper57 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:49 pm

I hope we don't make a mistake that can't be erased.
The deer herd is already hurting!

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/gov-scott ... d-problem/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Kraftd
500 Club

Re: Governor Walker addressing the cwd in Wisconsin

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 pm

The scary part of that article to me is no mention of the WDNR, or, you know, biologists. Just a politician and his staff...

CWD is a tough one, the infection numbers keep climbing in the main zone. There is still no links to human transmission, but does that mean we ignore it and let it go unchecked? Not controlling it in the current zone to the extent practical leaves the rest of the state at risk, though that is probably an inevitability. Very tough calls to make, and I have no idea what the real answer is. Push back toward eradication and there are great economic impacts to communities related to hunting. Do nothing and it probably continues to spread rapidly. In between may not accomplish much other than slowing the spread. Tough calls.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed May 04, 2016 4:29 am

I heard about this... Not a fan of doing "CWD CONTROL" Its already here, can't be removed, and is most likely in every herd across the country already... Once its in the soil its here forever... There is no stopping CWD, OR CONTROLLING IT. The only thing that would stop the spread would be to kill every single deer and elk. But that would not stop CWD, that would just stop the spread. Its already here, its not a living thing so it can't be killed, and its in the soil / environment forever...
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Let mother nature take it's course. stupid human think that somehow they can control it. :roll: :think:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”