Wisconsin Teens in trouble after torturing deer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Wisconsin Teens in trouble after torturing deer

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:54 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:throw the book at em. I think it's unfair to blame anyone else for this idiots actions though. I know some knuckehead people that had great kids and some great people that have knucklehead kids. people will be people and do stupid things sometimes regardless who their parents or role models are.

True to a point I suppose. Most kids are brought up properly that they know something like this is just plain wrong. Torturing animals is a sign of serious emotional issues and needs to be dealt with before the kid turns into another Jeffrey Dahmer or something.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 am

Dewey wrote:
Bowhunting Brian wrote:throw the book at em. I think it's unfair to blame anyone else for this idiots actions though. I know some knuckehead people that had great kids and some great people that have knucklehead kids. people will be people and do stupid things sometimes regardless who their parents or role models are.

True to a point I suppose. Most kids are brought up properly that they know something like this is just plain wrong. Torturing animals is a sign of serious emotional issues and needs to be dealt with before the kid turns into another Jeffrey Dahmer or something.

Agreed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 am

When you shoot an animal and it doesn't die right away, something is wrong with you if you don't feel tge need to do everything you can to end its suffering. Let alone horrify it by getting on top of it like that.

If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 am

disgrace.

vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am

Losers. Hope they get prosecuted to the fullest and are never allowed to hunt or fish again

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
rff

Unread postby rff » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Good Gosh. Despicable.

feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Dewey wrote:Losers. I can just about imagine the role models they have in their life to do something like this.

A lifetime ban of any WI license is in order.

X2

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm confused. there is no season open now. It can't be an old video (from fall) because she is pregnant. We are not getting the whole story. I watched the video a few times and it is senseless and stupid but torture is a pretty strong word. Kids do stupid things. I'm sure both of them will regret their actions at some point. There should be consequences for their actions but I'd like to know the whole story before passing judgement. I think the news used very poor judgement in showing the video AND making it their top story. It makes all hunters look bad.
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:03 am

One of the most disrespectful acts I've ever seen. Make an example of these guys.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:29 am

It's despicable what these boys did and also shines a light on Wisconsin's agricultural tag laws (Crop Damage) that otherwise remain in the shadows.

In Wisconsin, gun hunting deer all year long is permitted on farmland with crop damage the state recognizes as a result of an overpopulation of deer in the immediate area. The farmer is then awarded "X" amount of crop damage tags, which then is advertised on the WDNR website and becomes available to the public to hunt and fill those tags. A hunter must contact the farmer in-person and coordinate the conditions of the hunt - how many tags available, lot lines, etc...

Nubby bucks, fawn doe, pregnant doe, and shed bucks all fall victim to this stupid law because the tags are available all year before they expire and must be renewed between the farmer and the state/DNR.

Many times the deer run into neighboring private lands to die because often is the case where the land available to hunt with the crop damage tags is a corn field. The hunter would post up against the tree line and shoot the antlerless deer as it enters the field, only for the deer to tuck tail and run back into the surrounding hardwoods or swamp it came out of. This is where one of two issues happens often as I've witnessed it on a close friends land neighboring a crop damage recipients farm.

1. Tresspassing becomes an issue by those who don't pay attention to the lot lines, or by those tracking wounded deer without going the extra mile to ask the neighboring private land owner(s)
  1. It's not uncommon at all to find multiple unrecovered deer on neighboring private lands each year as a result of sloppy hunters who either didn't go the extra mile to seek permission to track down their deer, OR, pure laziness

Makes a guy wonder, and this is pure speculation, but makes a guy wonder if the attitude of the select few is, "Why go looking for that one and drag it all the way out when I can just wait for another one and hope it drops on the spot?" OR, "Hey, it's not my land, plus the farmer has 40+ tags I could potentially fill..."

Certainly it's a VERY SMALL population of folks with as poor of ethics as I speculated above, but those select few give the larger majority of us ethical hunters a black and blue eye and a split lip when stories like this one emerge.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:49 am

These kids shouldn't be allowed to hunt for a long time. Kinda off topic but the way I see these guys celebrate after shooting a deer on hunting TV kinda turns my stomach. Like they have no respect for the animal.

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:10 am

Remember a few years ago, that idiot that ran deer down and over with his snowmobile? Do you think these kids should get the same penalty the snowmobiler got?

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 pm

Taking pleasure in another living things fear and pain is sick. That is pathetic. They should not only lose hunting priveliges for a long time or permanently, but they should also be required to get psychological help and learn empathy. That is behavior that makes me think of people that do horrific things to dogs, cats, etc.

BTW, I have come across fetuses in late December while field dressing a doe.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”