Google Earth problem

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Google Earth problem

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:30 pm

For some reason Google Earth has switched over to topo view and I can't get the aerial view. I have never had this happen. I don't remember even having a topo view before. Is anybody else having this problem?

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Wlog
500 Club

Re: Google Earth problem

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Try to turn off all the layers and see if it goes away. (If you haven't already tried that). If there is a topo overlay you should see a checkbox on the left that says USGS Quadrangles. If you uncheck that box it should go away.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks Wlog. Earlier today it was still a problem, but when I logged onto the Beast I checked it and it started working properly. I'm not sure why because I did nothing different that I know of. The only difference is now it has lat & lon numbers running across the screen when zoomed out which is something I don't remember. There is also a grid across the country now.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:24 am

Windows just did some updates. I wonder if that affected your settings with google earth? I know I have two different versions of google earth on my home computer simply because some of the functions I used on google earth suddenly stopped working (interconnection of Picasa and Google Earth), so I downloaded an earlier version and it had the functionality I needed. Now, I use the latest version of GE for everything EXCEPT opening my geotagged scouting photos on GE. I use the old version for that one thing. Funny thing is, I can then open my newest version and the pictures show up there now too. I will never understand computers.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:57 am

KLEMZ wrote:Windows just did some updates. I wonder if that affected your settings with google earth? I know I have two different versions of google earth on my home computer simply because some of the functions I used on google earth suddenly stopped working (interconnection of Picasa and Google Earth), so I downloaded an earlier version and it had the functionality I needed. Now, I use the latest version of GE for everything EXCEPT opening my geotagged scouting photos on GE. I use the old version for that one thing. Funny thing is, I can then open my newest version and the pictures show up there now too. I will never understand computers.

I tried to get my photo's to show up and it didn't work, but I forgot what I was doing because haven't done it in a while so I figured it was just me and I was simply out of luck. Maybe I can still figure out a way to do it yet, but I do think I'm doing something wrong because I also can't bring up photo's in mytopo (free version).

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”