My trailcam pic = MY DEER ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

My trailcam pic = MY DEER ?

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 pm

I,m gonna start by saying I,m guilty of this too.A guy gets his sights on a deer after a couple pics and decides he will settle for nothin less. During gun hunting this year a friend of mine shot a huge 8 point .His cousin came over claiming how that was his deer .He had captured a few pictures on his trailcam which apparantly gives a man ownership over a deer.He ended up peeling outa his yard ,while useing a few choice words .Obviously ,we would all love to have a deer all to ourselves.I had a certain buck just like that ,which was harvested by a neighbor. I was pretty upset, jealous ,and so on. But i realized there was a lot more than just gettin a few pics.Turns out that that particular buck did,nt even bed on the property i was hunting,he just made a few appearances each week when he was making the rounds.Turns out my neighbor was gettin all the daytime pics and I was gettin all the nightime pics far away from where i could ever harvest him.
It takes a lot more to put it all together.Such as Schultzy did on his quest for his big 10 .He got the pic, he got the travel pattern, he got the set-up ,and he got the shot -off .Unfortunately his arrow did,nt cooperate and the deer lived to see another day.But still ,he had the respect for the other hunter.

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: My trailcam pic = MY DEER ?

Unread postby Dor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Sounds like the lucky hunters cousin was a first class moron. Deer are not property despite what many private landowners might think. What a jack-ass.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:04 pm

I get that with the bucks I hunt. Im the only one that scouts the properties I hunt, only one that passes the 130's, and velvet footage along with all the trail cam pics. I get to know every deer very well that calls the farms home and I name all of the bucks. Im happy for the other people when they get one, but I still call them my deer ;) haha
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

I always use to laugh at guys who named deer on their trailcams,but if your watching say four 10 pointers .Whats easier the 10,narrow 10 ,wide 10 and big 10 ,or Maniac,Buster,Slick and Tank.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:56 pm

WOW if I was the only one to kill the bucks that I get on my camera's, every wall in my house would be full and My taxi bill's would put me in the poor house. I have only been able to kill 1 buck that I have on camera in the past 5 years. The other 2 bucks that I have killed came off property that I don't have any camera's on.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 am

Dor wrote:Sounds like the lucky hunters cousin was a first class moron. Deer are not property despite what many private landowners might think. What a jack-ass.

Took the words out of my mouth.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 am

Thanks for the kind words Swampy! :) I had asked the hunter who shot the buck I've been hunting the last 2 years If he's ever had a trail cam picture or ever saw this buck before? His answer was nope. Crazy how things work out sometimes. The last thing I wanted this hunter to think was that this was my deer.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 pm

A neighbor of mine approached Chad at registration and started asking him all kinds of questions about where I shot my buck. Chad would not answer him. He then came over and started drilling me. I said Rome pond marsh, and he said its a big marsh, exactly where did you get it? I just kind of laughed and the guy said "I have the land across from your house and have many trail pic's of that deer on MY land...
I shot the buck on the complete opposite side of the marsh so there is no way it was the same buck... :roll: Seems there are a number of guys that are upset and accusing every time I shoot a nice buck.
Maybe if they spent more time hunting than accusing or crying they would kill a few of there own. ;)
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:16 pm

dan wrote:A neighbor of mine approached Chad at registration and started asking him all kinds of questions about where I shot my buck. Chad would not answer him. He then came over and started drilling me. I said Rome pond marsh, and he said its a big marsh, exactly where did you get it? I just kind of laughed and the guy said "I have the land across from your house and have many trail pic's of that deer on MY land...
I shot the buck on the complete opposite side of the marsh so there is no way it was the same buck... :roll: Seems there are a number of guys that are upset and accusing every time I shoot a nice buck.

Maybe if they spent more time hunting than accusing or crying they would kill a few of there own. ;)

That,s funny you can say that again.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I use to hunt a private woods it was proably 400 acres total.I had permission to hunt about 120 of it. One day I,m heading out to hunt .And this guy pulls up (he hunts the other chunk south of me.He says your bowhunting huh ? Yeah I say .He asks me what I,ve seen so far. I lied and said not much. Then he gets a picture album out of his truck and goes on to say how he knows each and every deer in the entire woods wer're both hunting. He flips through each page telling me a little about each deer.And then tells me which deer I can shoot and which ones I cannot.It went something like this:( Well this is a 3 year old 8 point ,shoot'em if you see him.This is a 2 year old 9 point ,I would appreciate it if you see this deer to let him walk on by cause I,m gonna take him next year.Well you get the point. He claims to know of every buck in the area. He must be better at taking pictures than taking deer cause he has,nt shot a buck in the last 4 years.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”