Southern deer - podcast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Southern deer - podcast

Unread postby cbigbear » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:11 am

I found Mark's southern podcast to be a fair description of SE hunting. It's more gear around private land, but the general habitat, weather, rut, & season structure discussions apply to all southern hunting.

http://wiredtohunt.com/2016/03/17/wired ... Qi8.mailto

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

JSnake

Re: Southern deer - podcast

Unread postby JSnake » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:51 am

I listened to the first quarter or so on the way into the office this morning. They had me laughing when talking about the differences in lingo between the north and south, especially the guest having to explain what a "Hunting Club" is :dance:

Anyways, this is my first post on the beast. I'm a native Georgian and hunt across this state whose terrain and deer densities vary widely. I've greatly enjoyed soaking up the vast information and advice available here. I'm looking forward to listening to the remainder of this podcast.
Rich M
500 Club

Re: Southern deer - podcast

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm

JSnake wrote:I listened to the first quarter or so on the way into the office this morning. They had me laughing when talking about the differences in lingo between the north and south, especially the guest having to explain what a "Hunting Club" is :dance:

I had to make that adjustment back around 1995/1996. They said if you want to shoot deer & hogs you need to join a club. Went from "10 million free acres" of hunting on timber land to pay for hunting and competitive lease members. I miss the old days...

Will check out the pod cast.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”