Took a cull buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Re: Took a cull buck

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:52 am

Great shooting mike!! Everything happens for a reason. Good thing you tagged out on this buck, and who knew you be breaking your arm in the prime of the season? Glad you took the cull buck. Is Steve getting anything good on the farm?

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:12 am

Congrats!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 am

congrats.

We shoot those in Michigan, but we dont call them cull bucks
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:03 am

Congratulation's on the buck!
Uncle Lou wrote:congrats.
We shoot those in Michigan, but we dont call them cull bucks
Lol!! ;) A few days ago I was talking with a good friend who's an official measurer for the P&Y Club and he was telling me about a particular buck on his land. This particular buck looked terrible as a 2.5 year old last year, maybe scoring 70 Inches (very tight racked 8 point). Anyhow this spring he planted something that has a wheat mix to It that Is very high In protein. I can't remember the name of this plant he used. This particular buck exploded this year as a 3.5 year old. He figures he'll score somewhere In that 140 Inch range. He knows for sure this Is the same buck as It has some distinct mark on It when It was a 1.5 year old.
mrjbigfoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeRTJohnson

Unread postby mrjbigfoot » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:27 am

Spysar wrote:Great shooting mike!! Everything happens for a reason. Good thing you tagged out on this buck, and who knew you be breaking your arm in the prime of the season? Glad you took the cull buck. Is Steve getting anything good on the farm?

Steve's been waiting on gun season, which opens on Monday. Lloyd, Paul & Doc are all coming out & I'll be down there by Tuesday evening after I get this splint/cast off. I'm planning on gun hunting for some does! ;) And as far as the input on the food plot diet improving racks, I agree! We see better racks on parts of the farm where we do grow some supplemental food plots with an antler enhancement mix but there is so much natural food on this farm, deer don't travel to the food plots..

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”