rubber boots

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

rubber boots

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Does anyone have advice on rubber boots? I've had 2 pair and each only lasted a season before the heel ripped away from the boot. One set was Columbia and I can't remember the name of the other. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: rubber boots

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Muck or lacrosse. Im a muck guy. Some guys are lacrosse

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Was a muck fan till I found out they donated money to anti hunting groups. Back to Lacrosse or Cabelas brand. My next pair will be a cabelas one, it comes in predator camo and is 1200 grams of insulation.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:38 pm

I've never tried Muck but I'm on my 2nd pair of Lacrosse. I get the plain jane green ones I think they're around $70. I like them... decent boot for the price and they last quite a while.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Brad wrote:Was a muck fan till I found out they donated money to anti hunting groups. Back to Lacrosse or Cabelas brand. My next pair will be a cabelas one, it comes in predator camo and is 1200 grams of insulation.

I heard that about muck but I thought it ended up being untrue

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:51 pm

I think I'm on my fourth pair of lacrosse alpha burlys. I never leave home without them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Muck for me... theyve lasted me longer than lacrosse and irish setters.

I think my favorite part about muck boots is you can roll the neoprene down as low as you can on your ankle and tuck your pants in all the way, then roll them back up. Makes them nice n comfy.

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:53 pm

I have 2 pair of Aeroheads, 1 pair of the new 4xAlpha and have had many pairs of mucks.

AEROHEADS
Great, rugged boot. Rubber is still do they do not roll down well like the mucks. But you get them caught on barbed wire, they do not rip. My biggest issue with the Aerohead is that my heel rubs. Eventually, it wears through the lining. Once the lining starts to pull away, the boots start to leak. Both pairs of them leak. They sent me another pair because the first ones leaked. I put a LOT of miles on my boots and I tend to walk hard on my heels. The first pair was 1 size too small. Made the heel wear out even faster.

4xAlpha
These boots are much like the mucks. In fact, if you showed them to me...I would have thought they were mucks. I have been wearing them this winter a bunch. They roll down just like the mucks and they are very easy to slip on and off. The downside is the rubbers is softer, more plyable than the aerohead. Which means they are more prone to get holes in them from sticks. So far, no holes yet. It also means, the boot tends to roll more on rough terrain. Just not quite stiff enough.

Mucks
Loved them. Just not really durable.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm

I have a pair of Plain Jane Walmart rubber boots that I put a pair of gel soles in and a pair of mucks along with my snake boots. The Mucks are my favorite if it is cold enough that I am fairly confident I'm not going to be running into a lot of snakes, but I don't have many miles on them because it is nearly always hot enough here in Florida for snakes to be moving!
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
welded34
500 Club

Unread postby welded34 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:11 pm

I like my lacrosse boots. I've had them for 2 years with no problems but I don't think you can go wrong with muck boots either.

minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks for all the info. I might have to try the $70 lacrosse boots and see how they work out.

"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Aeroheads for me

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:17 pm

I tried them all and Lacrosse Aeroheads are the only pair that survived more than 2 seasons. Still going strong and comfortable as ever. I'm gonna buy another pair if I see a good deal in case mine ever get tore up. Looks like I won't need new ones for quite awhile yet.

Muck are junk at least for my use. I destroyed a pair in a little more than a year. Within months I had all kinds of puncture marks in the rubber and the neoprene uppers. Surprisingly never deep enough to leak though but they looked pretty bad. Used a lot of AquaSeal to keep them going. Friend of mine bought a new pair of Mucks. First day wearing them he stumbled on a sharp stick and ripped the front of the boot off. :o

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 pm

DaveT1963 wrote:Aeroheads for me

X2
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Always had decent luck with Lacrosse. I always have one dedicated pair for scouting and a couple for hunting. As far as the heels go, the more you step on the heel to take them off, the sooner you will rip one out. Be careful taking them off and they will last awhile.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”