No deer.......But.....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Black Squirrel
500 Club

No deer.......But.....

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:55 am

I hunted all opening day and the first 2 hours on Sunday of WI's opener. All on Saturday. I saw 30 does, 8 bucks, and 5 coyotes. None of the bucks I saw measured up, so I passed. One of the coyotes, however, wasn't so lucky. After posting a post on shooting coyotes while bowhunting, and getting advice, I decided to take one. No Pics :oops: , I shot her on Sat., and sat all day, too dark after the hunt, and it was raining Sun. Morning. I'm going to have it skinned and tanned.

forgehunter
500 Club

Re: No deer.......But.....

Unread postby forgehunter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 am

at least you saw something Squirrel! Me and my 2 boys hunted up in Minocqua and in 4 days of hunting pretty much all day every day we didnt even see a deer! Nothing but Squirrels and Chickadees! ugh! I am so dissappointed for my boys! The herd is so shot up in the north! Pretty sad. in 20+ years of hunting up ther i have never not seen at least a doe... hope things change next year...
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:33 am

forgehunter wrote:at least you saw something Squirrel! Me and my 2 boys hunted up in Minocqua and in 4 days of hunting pretty much all day every day we didnt even see a deer! Nothing but Squirrels and Chickadees! ugh! I am so dissappointed for my boys! The herd is so shot up in the north! Pretty sad. in 20+ years of hunting up ther i have never not seen at least a doe... hope things change next year...

That makes for some tough hunting. :evil:
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am

Congrats Squirrel!!!! One less to eat on the fawn population!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

forgehunter wrote:at least you saw something Squirrel! Me and my 2 boys hunted up in Minocqua and in 4 days of hunting pretty much all day every day we didnt even see a deer! Nothing but Squirrels and Chickadees! ugh! I am so dissappointed for my boys! The herd is so shot up in the north! Pretty sad. in 20+ years of hunting up ther i have never not seen at least a doe... hope things change next year...

I hunted just east of you near Eagle River and we had pretty much the same experience. Sat the last 4 days daylight to dark in four of my best spots with nothing to show for. :o
I think I may have only heard fifty shots in 4 days which is much worse than last year. Rhinelander news did report that there were about 450 bucks shot in Vilas County opening weekend. :? That kinda surprised me but from the amount of buck sign I found when scouting last week they are definately out there but just not where we were hunting I guess.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Black Squirrel wrote:I hunted all opening day and the first 2 hours on Sunday of WI's opener. All on Saturday. I saw 30 does, 8 bucks, and 5 coyotes. None of the bucks I saw measured up, so I passed. One of the coyotes, however, wasn't so lucky. After posting a post on shooting coyotes while bowhunting, and getting advice, I decided to take one. No Pics :oops: , I shot her on Sat., and sat all day, too dark after the hunt, and it was raining Sun. Morning. I'm going to have it skinned and tanned.

Get back after it, you will get yourself on a great buck I bet!! Good luck if you go back out and CONGRATS on helping thin the yote population out.
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Nice job on the yote ;)
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey Buddy, you sow some nice show anyway and a yote is a nice game!!!
Stay on...
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 am

I followed your lead... Sunday AM! Only thing is... if I saw 5 of them, I would have probably tried to shoot every one!

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:23 am

Congrats on the yote!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Bucky wrote:I followed your lead... Sunday AM! Only thing is... if I saw 5 of them, I would have probably tried to shoot every one!

Cool pic Bucky! 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”