new bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

new bucks

Unread postby tim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:05 am

anybody have any new bucks show up this winter? ive had 3 or 4 new bucks show up since December, could be because I have the hot food source or it could be because I took a dominant buck off of the farm and made room. whatever reason there are 4 new bucks and 1 that showed back up from last summer pics. 1 just showed in the last couple weeks and for sure the biggest. hoping they stick around time will tell. the oldest I believe at the most is 4. he will probably be nice next season but hes doesn't have the wow factor. another one that showed up is a year younger at least and score wise much smaller but has the wow factor. so who is running cams and anything new showing up???? oh and up till last week amongst about a dozen bucks they all still had their head gear. excited about that cause there is a lot of snow and its solid snow so there should be antlers on top of the snow...

Bucky

Re: new bucks

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 am

tim wrote:anybody have any new bucks show up this winter? ive had 3 or 4 new bucks show up since December, could be because I have the hot food source or it could be because I took a dominant buck off of the farm and made room. whatever reason there are 4 new bucks and 1 that showed back up from last summer pics. 1 just showed in the last couple weeks and for sure the biggest. hoping they stick around time will tell. the oldest I believe at the most is 4. he will probably be nice next season but hes doesn't have the wow factor. another one that showed up is a year younger at least and score wise much smaller but has the wow factor. so who is running cams and anything new showing up???? oh and up till last week amongst about a dozen bucks they all still had their head gear. excited about that cause there is a lot of snow and its solid snow so there should be antlers on top of the snow...

Food plots can pull em a long ways... in my experience they don't stay though. However, they will be back year after year to eat your late season groceries and at least you can scoop the sheds :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”