Hang on stand in public land

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: Hang on stand in public land

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Watching out for money is not always bad. Guys have some great ideas here that also happen to be the cheapest.

Molle shoulder straps and belt, rock climbing harness, lots of helpful things going on here.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Hang on stand in public land

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 am

Depends on the public land regs.

Some areas in Iowa you can put up a stand 10 days prior to season. Other areas you have to take everything with you in and out. I used to put up a few stands but have transitioned to 100% pack in and out. Better off in the long run, no sign of hunting to anyone else, and nothing can disappear on me.

I would NEVER leave hundreds of dollars of stand and sticks in the woods....but I have run across other guys expensive equipment. Just last year I walked by someones Lone Wolf climber a half mile back in laying against the base of a well polished tree. :shock: When I did leave stands out on public they were cheap. I lost one that I can think of.

I agree you don't need a lone wolf. I don't own one. ;) I do have lone wolf sticks though.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”