Interesting thing about the beast...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Interesting thing about the beast...

Unread postby JoeRE » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:18 am

That is a toad of an 8 point Maine. Cool to see some of your experiences out there.

I put age before antlers too. I once shot a mature buck I knew well after he busted off half his rack - I get funny looks when I tell people about it but I would do it again like that in an instant. Its so hard to get opportunities on animals like that to begin with outside of some managed land situation.

mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:38 am

JoeRE wrote:That is a toad of an 8 point Maine. Cool to see some of your experiences out there.

I put age before antlers too. I once shot a mature buck I knew well after he busted off half his rack - I get funny looks when I tell people about it but I would do it again like that in an instant. Its so hard to get opportunities on animals like that to begin with outside of some managed land situation.

Its tough...I have one buck that I have chased for 3 years...but not super hard. Chased him hard in 2013...got some tips he might be crossing a road. Sure enough, found his beds in 2014. BUT he shrunk BIG TIME. I mean from 125" stud to literally 30" and then he shrunk more this year. More than likely I could have killed him in 2014 I just did not have the gumption to chase a 6yr old buck with no horns...lol. I mean talk about disappointing. Its in urban, so he is kind of protected from the guns.

Maybe I will do a post on it. Its pretty fascinating really. Must have torn his ball sack. He was still alive at 7yrs old at the end of the season.
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 am

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:33 am

mainebowhunter wrote:Here is the story...
http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34547

Wow that's crazy

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:28 am

cedarsavage wrote:
mainebowhunter wrote:Here is the story...
http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34547

Wow that's crazy

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

And disappointing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”