Wolf Related Bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Wolf Related Bedding

Unread postby cedarsavage » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 pm

So I'm planning on hunting some areas this season that have a lot of wolves. I've only hunted around wolves occasionally in the last five years, and minimally since I started bed hunting. I'm planning focusing my scouting to marshes and areas with water, cuz I hear the wolves tend to stay out of there. How's this change during the cold when the swamps are frozen over? Is there a safe zone after ice-up?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Wolf Related Bedding

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Don't know about wolves....but I know coyote and fox love frozen waterways. Lakes..ponds..creeks etc...not sure why they like to wander out on a frozen lake...

A frozen Marsh or swamp sounds like access to food they may not normally go after...rabbits..mice etc..and if deer are using it I'd expect wolves to hunt it...but I have no idea..talking out loud...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Re: Wolf Related Bedding

Unread postby headgear » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Wolves use the ice to their advantage, it might take the deer a little while to catch on but eventually they will get out of there for other cover.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”