Best place to order aerial photos?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dawgvet

Best place to order aerial photos?

Unread postby dawgvet » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello, I recently go into a new hunting club that's 1800 acres and I'd like to order some aerial photos to help figure out this new area ASAP.
Where's the best place to order from? myTopo wanted $109 and I was wondering if anywhere was cheaper but still used the latest images as some land was clearcut recently and some sites have old pictures.
Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bigb
500 Club

Re: Best place to order aerial photos?

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm probably stating the obvious but have you tried Google Earth? They update the aerial photos every couple years. It was a glorious day when they updated the farm I hunt at last year and it was up to date with some CRP cutting the farmer did. I usually blow google earth up and then then laminate them at Kinkos. Just a thought, a lot cheaper than $109 and $109 is pretty cheap from what I have seen.
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:44 pm

I use acme mapper for all of my mapping needs. Save them to a thumb drive and Staples will blow them up and laminate for a couple bucks
Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Acme hmmmm never heard of it definetly gonna check it out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
WSalzNC

Unread postby WSalzNC » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:38 am

When I'm trying to get good views I look at multiple free sites in addition to Google maps and Earth. Bing maps seems to have different photos depending on the zoom- meaning when I zoom in sometimes the photo changes to more/less green, aka a different time of year. Also on Bing you can change to Birds Eye from Aerial and get a slightly different look.

Also you can use GIS sites to see the boundaries. i actually re-draw boundaries into CalTopo.com mapping site so I can use the combo Topo and Aerial feature.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”