Home....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetailassasin

Home....

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Bayshorebucks8 and I went to a hunting movie premiere today, one to see how these guys hunt/ tactics, and two because there was some interest in filming our hunts. They advertised public and all Michigan, some private. Well let me tell you something, I'm glad I'm a BEAST! Bayshore and I basically just pointed out so many incorrect things we saw. No mobile stands, all private, no thermal or true wind attention, not knowing the bedding "or where deer come from", trying to say that deer that were clearly 1.5-2.5 as 3.5-4.5 year olds. It was horrible. I would never want to associate myself with guys of this caliber. It was pitiful. Horrible unethical shots and lost deer. People were clapping and acting like these guys where amazing. And they were talking about how hard Michigan is to kill mature deer in, which is true, but they were posing as successful at doing it. There was no knowledge of any deer killed, no knowledge of scouting or even how they kill deer. We both walked away from that experience and laughed. You couldn't tell these guys anything because they already knew it all, except they knew nothing. It just made us realize we are apart of some of the realist killers and best hunters I've ever known or seen. For those of you who don't realize what you have here, spend some time listening or watching others. I'm blessed and honored to be among you all. One of many things I've learned from Dan is, he doesn't dance because everyone says dance, he did it his way, and held to his beliefs and tactics even when I'm sure many poo poo'd it. Standing for something he believes in and never selling out. I thankful to have mentors like that here. I'll always be a BEAST, this is home. Just wanted to say this. P.s. We politely told them no thank you!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by whitetailassasin on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Re: Home....

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:32 pm

The "wannabes". Well said. There is no other better place than The Beast.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Sounds like more of the typical mainstream hunting DVD guys.........you've seen one, you've seen them all.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 pm

I watched a DVD the other day very similar to what ur describing. Maybe even the same guys??? I felt the same way after shutting it off half way through.

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Further proving what a goldmine this place is. There is definitely a lot of generic videos out but that's the beauty in freedom of choice, we don't have to watch them.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of the "others" is a unwillingness to admit to themselves that their tactics might not be ideal or the best that they could be.

This site is the top shelf in deer hunting that I've been on. Thanks to all the beasts!

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Well said whitetailassain and I'm with you all the way!

Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:49 pm

I remember you telling my buddy and I about going to this after the workshop last weekend. The first thing that popped to our heads was, you guys are doing things nothing like them and will probably not like what you see.

Just from reading different things on the BEAST and being around you the one day at the workshop, I can tell you, you are on a whole different level than most guys in Michigan that are trying filming like that.

BEAST on!!!!
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Most of the folks putting out videos lack a lot of real understanding IMO.

Your videos will be far better i know

Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

This is a testament to Dan, the moderators, tge members, and the environment on this site. I, like most on here, found this place because I was looking for more than what was being offered other places. The hunting videos on TV now are all focused solely on rut hunting and sales. Pixie dust if I might. I looked around my area and the only people killing bucks were the old timers. Sure one would slip up every once in a while, but mostly the old timers. I would watch one person I know work on cars all day in his camo pants soaked in kerosene and a grey shirt walk in the woods for an afternoon hunt and kill deer. Bucks. Maybe not always big bucks but killing bucks down here is a testament in itself. My advice from him was find the thickest nastiest stuff you can find and set up on the edge. These old timers were great woodsmen. They knew every piece of high ground and every live oak. The members on this site are very similar. Dan's beast tactics are the same as these old timers only much more specialized. Dan has dissected these tactics and made them understandable for people like me to learn. The people on this site are always willing to help and understand we all had to start somewhere. All have been humbled and faced humility by these whitetails and all have been on top. This is a great home and I would watch anything you guys produce. I don't even own a desktop computer and I'm on here every day. Thank you all. whitetailassasin is right, this is a great place to call home

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:31 am

We are going to be doing some self filming this year. We are going to go pro the way in. Then try to have three camera angles, go pro on top watching the hunter(draw and movements) tactacam on bow for an extra view you see as from the bow, and a camera following the rest. I don't want money or fame. I personally want to do it to remember my hunts and to help others(you guys). Sharing in the moments with you all means more to me. It just made us sick to see what these guys called hunting. It's the first hunting DVD I've watched in 4-5 years. Bayshore sent me a text saying if there's an intermission lets go! I was literally texting the same thing! I won a hat(womens pink I gave to a littke girl)and tshirt, I gave both away one to a little girl the shirt back to the president when I told him we weren't interested in joining them. He asked why, and I said you really don't want to know. He said no really...so I told him...he looked at me with a blank stare and snobbishly said I'd like to see you guys do it better. A part of me wanted to fire back with some pictures of deer and information, or even with how shaky there footage was but I simply said you guys just aren't what we are looking for. I barely got out the door and Bayshore and I started laughing and just pointing out things. A little buck they shot, bad shot, died in a classic bed, you could see the rubs, downed tree behind and the actual bed...we noticed it immediately, they had no clue. That's what Dan Infalt and the BEAST has done to two Michigan boys(and many more all over). I just feel blessed!!

Last edited by whitetailassasin on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34 am

As soon as this video book is done I want to dive back into the extreme whitetail tactics show. Your videos would be welcome there...

I think the biggest issues with video's made by hunting groups is that they are often trying so hard to be somebody in the hunting world that they portray themselves as knowing everything, or being greater than they are... A little advice to those filming would be to be humble and honest about what your doing and why. Most seasoned hunters can see thru to your true intentions...

It seems like every young guy I know is filming video's or on-line shows lately... And nobody seems to just hunt anymore. They take a lot of the fun out of growing as a hunter and shoot right past the events that should humble them... When your out in gods world, soak it in, have fun, and just live life as a hunter... You only got so much time on this planet. Enjoy the ride..

I can remember several TV shows and video people approaching me... It saddened me to listen to there plans. Most had goals you had better achieve if you want to stay part of there "pro-staff" like a certain number of kills. All kills being on film, never showing certain hits, or mistakes, etc.. But to me, thats being fake... You should hunt for the reasons you hunt, and not change that image for others. If you need to change your image for public perception you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

I remember a big name bow company approaching me and offering me a big sponsorship. They had a list of rules, what needed to be said, how there bows needed to be shown, and how I needed to change my appearance and what I could talk about... It was a big opportunity that could of paid for a TV show or really helped advance me.

I remember thinking about taking the offer and thought, really? Am I going to sell out to someone to control my destiny? No... No thanks. What all these young people chasing there dreams don't realize is no one really cares if they make it or not. The only one whose opinion should matter is yours, and maybe your close family and friends. I would hope they stay true to themselves, there families , and do things for the right reasons...

Very few people make it in hunting... Hunting products, or video's... They usually spend money to be in this industry, not make money. You would probably be surprised, but the majority of hunting shows are losing money. Paying for themselves to be famous... No thanks!

Look closely at the very few whom made it, and you will realize that they are unique... They did things there way. But yet all the wanna-be's try to copy them to a "T" rather than be original.

I worked with a couple of "parrots" in the past... At 1st they said the right things and acted like they were for real... But it did not take long to see they would do anything for fame. It was a sad lost feeling for me. Watching them break laws, and lie on video's to better themselves... I don't ever want to be in a spot where I am locked in with guys like that again. Careful of what you get into, and who you get into it with...

Keep it fun, and keep it real...
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am

dan wrote:As soon as this video book is done I want to dive back into the extreme whitetail tactics show. Your videos would be welcome there...

I think the biggest issues with video's made by hunting groups is that they are often trying so hard to be somebody in the hunting world that they portray themselves as knowing everything, or being greater than they are... A little advice to those filming would be to be humble and honest about what your doing and why. Most seasoned hunters can see thru to your true intentions...

It seems like every young guy I know is filming video's or on-line shows lately... And nobody seems to just hunt anymore. They take a lot of the fun out of growing as a hunter and shoot right past the events that should humble them... When your out in gods world, soak it in, have fun, and just live life as a hunter... You only got so much time on this planet. Enjoy the ride..

I can remember several TV shows and video people approaching me... It saddened me to listen to there plans. Most had goals you had better achieve if you want to stay part of there "pro-staff" like a certain number of kills. All kills being on film, never showing certain hits, or mistakes, etc.. But to me, thats being fake... You should hunt for the reasons you hunt, and not change that image for others. If you need to change your image for public perception you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

I remember a big name bow company approaching me and offering me a big sponsorship. They had a list of rules, what needed to be said, how there bows needed to be shown, and how I needed to change my appearance and what I could talk about... It was a big opportunity that could of paid for a TV show or really helped advance me.

I remember thinking about taking the offer and thought, really? Am I going to sell out to someone to control my destiny? No... No thanks. What all these young people chasing there dreams don't realize is no one really cares if they make it or not. The only one whose opinion should matter is yours, and maybe your close family and friends. I would hope they stay true to themselves, there families , and do things for the right reasons...

Very few people make it in hunting... Hunting products, or video's... They usually spend money to be in this industry, not make money. You would probably be surprised, but the majority of hunting shows are losing money. Paying for themselves to be famous... No thanks!

Look closely at the very few whom made it, and you will realize that they are unique... They did things there way. But yet all the wanna-be's try to copy them to a "T" rather than be original.

I worked with a couple of "parrots" in the past... At 1st they said the right things and acted like they were for real... But it did not take long to see they would do anything for fame. It was a sad lost feeling for me. Watching them break laws, and lie on video's to better themselves... I don't ever want to be in a spot where I am locked in with guys like that again. Careful of what you get into, and who you get into it with...

Keep it fun, and keep it real...

You absolutely just nailed :clap:

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 am

Sounds like offspring from nextbuk... :whistle:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
SRWbowhunter

Unread postby SRWbowhunter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 am

"And nobody seems to just hunt anymore. They take a lot of the fun out of growing as a hunter and shoot right past the events that should humble them... When your out in gods world, soak it in, have fun, and just live life as a hunter... You only got so much time on this planet. Enjoy the ride.."
My favorite part of that post. I agree with you that happens way to much whether it's from trying to film, using a cellphone all the time, or just being out there to kill something and not really experience what is going on around you

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:00 am

this is funny and the topic has come up before, actually quite often, about how much of the whitetail hunting world is different than here.

I look at it this way, and I am probably less beastly than many here, being a BEAST is a mindset.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”