New to bed hunting (Beast hunting)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

woods_water_hunter

New to bed hunting (Beast hunting)

Unread postby woods_water_hunter » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm new to the beast hunting style. I don't know much about it but I've read some good information. I'm looking for some type of guide to help me start hunting beds. I'm in north florida so our deer don't get very large but some decent bucks show up every now and then. I still haven't killed anything bigger than a 4 point. I'm looking to kill a big one. Our rut is just getting started up here so they are starting to burn it up. Also, I don't have a climber or stand any hunting I do will be on the ground. The areas im hunting are public but the pressure is very light. I rarely see anybody out where I'm hunting. One thing though, our land is very flat and the only elevation we get is where the rivers are. Nothing more than 100ft above sea level. Also are woods are very dense and thick. Even in the winter the brush is still very thick.

Thanks guys,

Saylor

A day in the woods is always a good day
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: New to bed hunting (Beast hunting)

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

I would purchase the marsh bucks DVD. Its a full guide on how the system works... I am making a new one right now, but it will be a while before its done. Marsh bucks is a condensed version. Here is a link:
hbshop/dvd-s/27-marsh-bucks.html
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:22 am

I Love FLORIDA! the biggest buck I saw was on public land, in an isolated thicket surrounded by a WALL of green, located along a transition line. getting to it was Like pushing heavy curtains out of the way. There was only a few trees able to hold a stand inside of this place and it better be a lone wolf or put it in early cause access was a nightmare. But, he was there and about 150". My uncle grew up in FL and said that was biggest hed ever seen while hunting. Also, there were these patches of tall skinny trees in the middle of palmetto thickets/fields, it was usually dark, cool, wet and brushy... deer had it beat to china! try finding a lake around hunting area (if possible), they usually scoop the lakes bottoms and create a huge mound of dirt. Excellent place to scout and observe
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:38 am

I saw the aerial you posted in the other thread and I am pretty sure I know the area you are hunting. I have seen some big deer come out of there. If you are hunting the rut you really don't have to go crazy trying to hunt right over a buck bed. You want to be in a travel corridor or funnel. The biggest tip I can give you is to make sure you are hunting midday during the rut. I have seen a good majority of the big bucks I see during the rut between 10am-2pm.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
rff

Unread postby rff » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:40 am

Yep, pick up a DVD or two. Also check out all time best tactitcal threads. Start reading threads on here. There is so much awesome info on here.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Killemquietly

Unread postby Killemquietly » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:58 pm

That marsh DVD Dan puts out was one of the best $10 I ever spent! I've trialed and error-ed our Louisiana swamps for 32 years, his DVD brought so many loose ends together for me. WELL WORTH IT AT TWICE THE PRICE. it's long too, not a 20 minute hack job some people sell for 10 bucks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:33 pm

PK_ wrote:I saw the aerial you posted in the other thread and I am pretty sure I know the area you are hunting. I have seen some big deer come out of there. If you are hunting the rut you really don't have to go crazy trying to hunt right over a buck bed. You want to be in a travel corridor or funnel. The biggest tip I can give you is to make sure you are hunting midday during the rut. I have seen a good majority of the big bucks I see during the rut between 10am-2pm.

Welcome to the Beast and I would take every word of this to heart... PK knows what he's doing!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”