Milkweed alternative

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Milkweed alternative

Unread postby kurt » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:02 pm

I think I'll stick with free milk weed. But I seen this and like the vapor concept. I just don't like to carry much. But thought I'd share.

Watch "Cirrus 2016 ATA show" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/A0d3EScBFPs

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jackson Marsh

Re: Milkweed alternative

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:27 pm

I wonder how far you can see that float? Seems to dissipate quickly. Cool idea, it's much better than powder.

I still don't think it beats milkweed for watching from a distance. It would be fun to do a side by side comparison and video it.

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:41 am

I bet it won't be long they'll add a scent cartridge option

hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:00 am

Cool idea but I would agree that it seems to dissipate quickly. You could see what the wind is doing right where you're at but that's it. It's always cool to watch the milkweed for a distance and see the changes when it gets further away. Let's you know it's time to move where this won't tell you that.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 am

I seen a separate scent dispensor free standing one from a different manufacturer but I'm not interested in that

This peaked my interest slightly. Just the cost of the unit then cartridges turns me off Because milkweed is free. I don't even know what it cost either but it's not free. I question like JM said how far it's visible. The pro's I see with it are that it won't get hung up on branches like milk weed and it's a cloud vs. Single piece of milkweed.

darenative

Unread postby darenative » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Think I'll stick to milkweed...there's just some mouse traps that don't need to be improved
62kodiak
500 Club

Unread postby 62kodiak » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm

I personally would question it's reliability for the simple fact it uses a battery. I don't want to have to guess what the wind is doing because my battery is dead. Especially in the cold. Cold+batteries=bad.

As for the wilkweed getting stuck in trees and bushes, it's free. Drop a whole mess of milkweed if you have to. Make it look like it's snowing.
It's not the knowing that's difficult, but the doing.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 am

No I'm with you guys I'm not giving up milkweed because it is free and easy.I just thought it was different. Most products are for covering up scent or putting it out. I haven't seen much innovative products geared towards checking wind.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”