Have you put up the rut tactics yet?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cwoods
500 Club

Have you put up the rut tactics yet?

Unread postby cwoods » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:57 am

Just curious when you guys go back to hunting buck bedding areas or do you tend to hunt food sources for the late season as the rut is winding down? Hoping the late will be great for me :mrgreen:

Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Have you put up the rut tactics yet?

Unread postby Dor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:35 am

In SE MN our gun season starts first Sat in November and goes till the second Sat in Dec. My strategy is to leave the state. :)

When back deer are not on a natural pattern and must be hunted based on pressure. I usually do not hit it to hard till after gun seasons end unless I hold a buck tag (which I don't this year). At that time I shift to the remaining food sources and pray for sub zero weather.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:34 am

I really don't use rut tactics per say anymore. 9/10ths of my hunting is centered in or around buck/doe bedding areas.
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 am

I'm with MO on this one, I do sometimes move closer to the food during late season. I want knee deep snow and sub-zero temps as well, makes em' hungry and want to move earlier.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”