Bow Sight

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sunset samurai

Bow Sight

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Im currently shooting an AXT and it seems to need alot of adjustment throughout the season. The riggors of hunting seem to take a toll on its rigidity. What are you guys shooting that your happy with. Looking for something thats a little more Robust and can handle the season without having to move it so much. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

sunset samurai

Re: Bow Sight

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Iv looked at both of those, really like the spot hoggs. Any experience with the IQ?

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Just ordered a new bow and rigging it with a CBE sniper.

mhill

Unread postby mhill » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:20 pm

More than likely it's not the sight. It's you or your string and cables. Bad string and cables that stretch or shrink as the temps go up and down will cause your sight to have to be adjusted. Or you could be changing your form through out the season.

As far as sights I like my CBE tech hybrid 3 pin and my axcel armortech.

Hha are nice sights but they pose challenges to mounting your quiver. If you have to either use a riser mount quiver or you have to use the spacer that put the weight of the quiver away from the center balance point of your bow.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bowtech D350
Axcel Accutouch
Goldtip Velocity 300
Grim Reapers
XOP Enforcer
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Sword sights all the way. I started using the Centurion 4 years ago and love it. Customer service is great as well. Have a few guys that switched over as well and they are pleased too.
https://www.swordsight.com

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
62kodiak
500 Club

Unread postby 62kodiak » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Axcel armortech for me. Toughest sight I have ever used.

It's not the knowing that's difficult, but the doing.
sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:34 am

mhill wrote:More than likely it's not the sight. It's you or your string and cables. Bad string and cables that stretch or shrink as the temps go up and down will cause your sight to have to be adjusted. Or you could be changing your form through out the season.

As far as sights I like my CBE tech hybrid 3 pin and my axcel armortech.

Hha are nice sights but they pose challenges to mounting your quiver. If you have to either use a riser mount quiver or you have to use the spacer that put the weight of the quiver away from the center balance point of your bow.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

I could see that if it was changing up n down but its normally changing left n right with my rest still being centered perfectly so the only thing thats different is the windage of the sight itself. Once I center it back up its good at each distance. Im not talking about anything too terribly drastic but for me an inch is a mile and I wanna be dead confident when shooting an animal.

Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:34 am

I have been shooting a HHA single pin sight for 5 years now. It has held up perfect to all the abuse over the years. I wouldn't think twice about buying another one and it is always the sight I recommend to others.
sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:37 am

Mibowfreak wrote:I have been shooting a HHA single pin sight for 5 years now. It has held up perfect to all the abuse over the years. I wouldn't think twice about buying another one and it is always the sight I recommend to others.

That brings up another question. Iv played with my buddies single pin at targets n loved it, my only fear is fumbling in a hunting situation. Do you leave it at a certain yardage or preset it to where you anticipate the shot while hunting?

Justin85

Unread postby Justin85 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 am

I've had the same worry about a single pin..... Needing to shoot in a quick situation and not being able to adjust.

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:12 am

Spott Hogg Hogg It and a HHA are my 2 favs.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:30 am

I shot a spot Hogg for years. Great sight. Tough. I switched this year to a single pin black gold. I was having trouble focusing with the other pins in the picture.(I guess the eyes are starting to go) I leave it at 25 and if they get close just bottom it out. Most shots are inside 25 anyway and usually have time to adjust if they are not

BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:15 am

62kodiak wrote:Axcel armortech for me. Toughest sight I have ever used.

I have the same sight as well. I have the seven pin model and love being able to practice at long distances, not for hunting necessarily but for perfecting my form.

I absolutely love how user friendly the sight is in term of micro-adjusting and the tool less adjustments also. Best sight I've ever owned.

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
daveynewman
500 Club

Unread postby daveynewman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:59 am

Buckshot20 wrote:I shot a spot Hogg for years. Great sight. Tough. I switched this year to a single pin black gold. I was having trouble focusing with the other pins in the picture.(I guess the eyes are starting to go) I leave it at 25 and if they get close just bottom it out. Most shots are inside 25 anyway and usually have time to adjust if they are not

exactly

I use the hha site and love it

every deer I have killed with my bow has been at distances 30 yards or less.

with today's bows I see no point in 5 or 7 pins on a site with the speeds they produce. I site mine in with my tape all the way to 70 yards but in hu ting situations I keep it locked in at 20.

my 20 hits about an inch and half low at 40 so I'm not worried. I aim just a tad bit high. it's so much easier to ficus on one pin and not guess what pin to use.

don't get me wrong everyone's different that's just my opinion.

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 am

daveynewman wrote:
Buckshot20 wrote:I shot a spot Hogg for years. Great sight. Tough. I switched this year to a single pin black gold. I was having trouble focusing with the other pins in the picture.(I guess the eyes are starting to go) I leave it at 25 and if they get close just bottom it out. Most shots are inside 25 anyway and usually have time to adjust if they are not

exactly

I use the hha site and love it

every deer I have killed with my bow has been at distances 30 yards or less.

with today's bows I see no point in 5 or 7 pins on a site with the speeds they produce. I site mine in with my tape all the way to 70 yards but in hu ting situations I keep it locked in at 20.

my 20 hits about an inch and half low at 40 so I'm not worried. I aim just a tad bit high. it's so much easier to ficus on one pin and not guess what pin to use.

don't get me wrong everyone's different that's just my opinion.

Valid points, Iv also very rarely shot past 30 hunting and have never used more than 3 pins. Maybe one pin would be the way to go.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”