Getting Permission

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

trailboy

Getting Permission

Unread postby trailboy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:56 am

I recently read an article about getting permission do's and don't and one of the tips they gave was creating a business card with your info like

Name
Phone and address
Photo
Vehicle and plate
Other than these things, what would you put on the card.

Thanks!
Tim

jmaas07
500 Club

Re: Getting Permission

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:13 am

I think name and contact info is sufficient enough for a first encounter with someone you don't know. The cards are a good idea if your knocking on a door, maybe consider looking through plat books, identifying properties and spamming out letters to cast a wider net. I'm in the process of doing this for the first time, after combing through 1 county plat book I identified 56 properties I'm interested in, I was able to locate 46 addresses by using the assessor web pages for the towns and the white pages so with some work I had an 82% success rate of locating addresses for identified properties..no idea what my success rate will look like to gain permission but if I'm able to lock down 1-2 properties I will consider this a success

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
trailboy

Re: Getting Permission

Unread postby trailboy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:39 am

I have been looking at properties too, usually a drive by ( due to driving a lot for work) many of the counties here in Ohio use a GIS system, with tax information attached that has name and address of land holder, that is what I am going to use for the 2016 season to knock on some doors around April.

We will have to check back in and see how we did.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”