"Trophy Hunter"

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gjs4
500 Club

Re: "Trophy Hunter"

Unread postby gjs4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Animal or pet...AR or assault rifle... The first word resonates and its perception is solely slotted friend or foe based on the audiences bias.

I think it's a crap term that does us no good. But then again you've know me to separate gun hunters from bow hunters using dissociation.

Routinely stated- it's not the 10-15% of antis we need to fight as much as the 70% undecided crowd we should swoon

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Re: "Trophy Hunter"

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:57 pm

I've never thought about what a trophy hunter means to different people. I have had people call me a trophy hunter because I pass younger deer hoping to get an older deer and then never filling my tag. I'm fine with that. I often times will want a larger buck but if I shoot it you better believe I'll be eating it. I grew up eating venison and one of my life's greatest fears is running out of venison in the freezer so I also don't like to hear people shooting deer with no intention of eating them but I guess to each their own. As long as I can hunt I don't care what people call me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”