The Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

solocam88
500 Club

Re: The Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Unread postby solocam88 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:07 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
solocam88 wrote:I get a kick out of all the guys who were ok with introducing crossbows into archery seasons, but are all up in arms about them pushing to legalize this. You couldn't see this coming???? They say it's to introduce more hunters lol, it's all about the $$$$$. Just keep diluting the sport, and it will be gone. It's a slippery slope.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Many of us said the same thing about compound bows back in the early 80s.

True, but the line was drawn when you had to draw and hold the bow. Big difference.

By the way I would be all for going trad only.

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 am

solocam88 wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:
solocam88 wrote:I get a kick out of all the guys who were ok with introducing crossbows into archery seasons, but are all up in arms about them pushing to legalize this. You couldn't see this coming???? They say it's to introduce more hunters lol, it's all about the $$$$$. Just keep diluting the sport, and it will be gone. It's a slippery slope.

Many of us said the same thing about compound bows back in the early 80s.

True, but the line was drawn when you had to draw and hold the bow. Big difference.

By the way I would be all for going trad only.

that line was originally drawn with trad bows requiring a certain draw weights... it shifted to 40% let off (I think that was what I remember the first few compounds were 40% let off????) in the 70s, that then migrated to 50, 65, 70, 75 and now up to 85% let off. Its all about choice, to each his own. But with each new line comes more and more pressure and then F&G will have to respond with shortening seasons, more draw units, higher tags, etc.... its just a matter of time. There is a reason public land is usually far more overhunted and less productive then private land.... and with each new weapon allowed, more people will jump in to bow season and soon the woods will be overcrowded with hunters of every type..... add in the internet and these overlooked spots we talk about here will be the new choice spots. I would not be surprised to hear that some of the "marsh" hunters are seeing more and more traffic in some of their secluded spots each year since HB came on line????? I know I posted some pics early on that had some geo data oon them and I saw more hunters in there this year then ever before. Coincidence????
9pt
500 Club

Unread postby 9pt » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 am

GRUD wrote:I will wait for the semi auto version before I get one.

Great response, GRUD! Made me laugh.

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:10 am

This reminds me of Jurassic park, where the inventors got so preoccupied in the fact that they could make this thing that they never slowed down enough to consider whether or not they should. Now they want to sell it!

It's terrible on so many fronts.

Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:24 am

I had to laugh at Shockeys response on the second shot. At that range he would have the same exact effect with a compund bow.

It is a commercial and he has to make it look good to get his paycheck. :roll:

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 am

Schubox1265 wrote:
JoeRE wrote:Well....what appears to be a canned hunt is what is disgusting to me. Surprised no one else thinks that?? No I don't have proof other than free range "wild" bison hunting opportunities are very rare and probably do not occur in mid-summer on heavily grazed range land. Also, nothing is said about where it took place and SILENCE often says a lot. When I butcher livestock a far preferable method of dispatching them is a bullet to the head...not needlessly poking a hole in their lungs and watching them suffocate.

Exactly what I thought. What a disgusting way to introduce a product. Might as well been a Hereford at Old McDonald's Farm. Lost my respect for him.

Maybe Jims bandana kept him just elusive enough to sneak to that 12 yard mark on this "wild" bison as it grazed. Hmmm yea right

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rubline

Unread postby Rubline » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:02 am

Now we have a weapon like Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing...
AttackMode

Unread postby AttackMode » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:04 am

ozzz wrote:
Peeps22 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:
Bowhunter4life wrote:Seeing stuff like this just burns me up. If you don't want to bow hunt then don't bow hunt but don't bring stuff like this in and call it archery. The sport of archery is the difficulty involved in getting close to the animals and getting away with the movement needed to draw the bow back. Come out with this 450 fps "airbow" with 2 inch groups at 50 yards so now it's OK to take those 50 and 60 yard shots? This is crap just like the crossbows in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly

X2

[ Post made via Android ] Image

x3

x4!!!
I just kill mtn bucks
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 am

Did some checking. Air bow - $900, scuba tank or air tank - $150, cheapest compressor on the market to produce 3000 psi - $1200. You will also need regulators and air hoses etc. lotta money to get into and it probably only gets a few shots per charge. Probably loud and super ugly. A standard scuba tank can only handle like 3500lbs if I remember correctly so you dont get many charges per tank refill. To go up to a 4500 psi rated air tank would be a lot more money for the tank and compressor, probably like $5,000 more unless you want to go to the scuba shop or fire station for air refills and pay each time.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am

GRUD wrote:Did some checking. Air bow - $900, scuba tank or air tank - $150, cheapest compressor on the market to produce 3000 psi - $1200. You will also need regulators and air hoses etc. lotta money to get into and it probably only gets a few shots per charge. Probably loud and super ugly. A standard scuba tank can only handle like 3500lbs if I remember correctly so you dont get many charges per tank refill. To go up to a 4500 psi rated air tank would be a lot more money for the tank and compressor, probably like $5,000 more unless you want to go to the scuba shop or fire station for air refills and pay each time.

Shockey can afford it. :lol:

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 am

I'd like to see gun season go to these "smoke bows". :lol: kidding aside. What a joke, it shows you what money will do to some people and the morals/ethics as well. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Dave I'm guessing you don't like compounds too much either. And I'm sure true muzzle load guys don't like in lines, and before that open sight shooters probably didn't like scopes...all intended to aid man in becoming more precise and extend his effective range. My hats always off to traditional only guys. But that being said we as hunters also owe it to the animals we hunt to kill them clean and quick, not everyone can shoot traditional bows well, and most are too lazy to learn and practice. It's sad to see the direction we are going as a hunting society, especially when a spokesperson that's a celebrity and made his bones being a muzzleloader do it the hard way hunter, advertises this horse manure!!

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:15 am

You guys should all know that this concept is not new. I'm pretty sure that some of the reason many states already have legislation on this is that FX has had a similar product at least since 2012 when this video was posted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIb56PQwIfE

These weapons are not legal for deer where I live, but they should be. I for one would enjoy hunting with something like this, at least during our gun season.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:35 am

Cute toy, just slot it in to muzzy or rifle season. Sorry Mr Shocky it's not a "game changer".
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:42 am

How about a $10k AR?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmteh_NChOQ

Wonder if Benjamin and Tracking Point could get together.

DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:51 am

I don't get the point of this product.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”