The Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Re: The Benjamin Pioneer Airbow

Unread postby kurt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Disgrace if allowed in archery season.
When they legalized crossbows for everyone in Wi. This became my biggest fear. Next will be autoloader.

My opinion on crossbow is not good for adults able to shoot a real bow. It seems typical of people in general to take as much skill out of something as possible.I also view it less of a accomplishment. My reasoning i feel is sound because i view trad. Equipment More of a accomplishment. If you want to call me out fine I really don't care my opinion is my opinion. If was handicapped Id use a crossbow not this gun thing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Seeing stuff like this just burns me up. If you don't want to bow hunt then don't bow hunt but don't bring stuff like this in and call it archery. The sport of archery is the difficulty involved in getting close to the animals and getting away with the movement needed to draw the bow back. Come out with this 450 fps "airbow" with 2 inch groups at 50 yards so now it's OK to take those 50 and 60 yard shots? This is crap just like the crossbows in my opinion.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Bowhunter4life wrote:Seeing stuff like this just burns me up. If you don't want to bow hunt then don't bow hunt but don't bring stuff like this in and call it archery. The sport of archery is the difficulty involved in getting close to the animals and getting away with the movement needed to draw the bow back. Come out with this 450 fps "airbow" with 2 inch groups at 50 yards so now it's OK to take those 50 and 60 yard shots? This is crap just like the crossbows in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly

Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Lockdown wrote:
Bowhunter4life wrote:Seeing stuff like this just burns me up. If you don't want to bow hunt then don't bow hunt but don't bring stuff like this in and call it archery. The sport of archery is the difficulty involved in getting close to the animals and getting away with the movement needed to draw the bow back. Come out with this 450 fps "airbow" with 2 inch groups at 50 yards so now it's OK to take those 50 and 60 yard shots? This is crap just like the crossbows in my opinion.

My thoughts exactly

X2

ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:14 am

Peeps22 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:

My thoughts exactly

X2

x3
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:53 am

I will wait for the semi auto version before I get one.

Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:09 am

They got a map on there website showing where you can use it. Looks to be staying out of Only a few states

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Joe™
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:51 am

And they are urging folks to contact lawmakers to plead with them to insert this muzzleloader into archery seasons.

Like the crossbow, this gun is not a bowhunting tool and using either does not make one a bowhunter.
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:01 am

You've got to be Sh--ing me. :doh:
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:03 am

"If you believe there’s room in the woods for something that moves an arrow at 450 FPS, that shoots straighter and is more accurate but isn’t driven by a string, and is safer and easier to operate, then please contact your legislators and wildlife officials. Tell them you want to use the Pioneer Airbow in a crossbow or archery season. Download this informational packet and get it into their hands by email, snail mail or personal delivery. With your help, we can introduce more people to hunting with airguns and with the Airbow, we can bring back those who may have left it."

As other posters have stated, they're pushing for it to be legalized for archery seasons.

I'm getting tired of hearing the excuse of "getting more people involved' as a reason behind changing legislation (Crossbow, Blaze Pink, Airgun). It's already pretty dang tough to find good private land and public land is crowded. Do we really need more people in the woods? I would never discourage anybody from hunting, but I don't think we need to change the laws to get people interested either. If they truly had a passion for the outdoors they would find a way to get it done with a stick and string like the rest of us do.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:05 am

Defn:

a weapon for shooting arrows, typically made of a curved piece of material whose ends are joined by a taut string.
synonyms: longbow, crossbow; recurve
"an archer's bow"

Where are the curved limb(s) and taught string. If someone wants to use this during rifle season, fine... but this thing is not archery.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:14 am

In still dumbfounded at Shockey saying he couldn't believe it would work. Seriously? It shoots an arrow as accurately as a crossbow at 50 yards, but quicker, and you're "surprised"?

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:15 am

I hope that is never legalized, here in NC they legalized crossbows for everyone. It was a disaster the first few years. All the "gun only" guys were tromping through the woods with their new crossbows during what was traditionally an undisturbed time. It has improved since then, most of those guys figured out 40 yards is not as easy to do as they thought. No matter what your carrying.

cameron

Unread postby cameron » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:12 am

As if archery season wasn't hard enough, now we've got to possibly compete with this?! This is ridiculous...the area that I hunt is already plagued by poachers who's favorite tool is the crossbow, they're gonna have a hayday if they get a hold of one of these.

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:46 am

I saw this coming years ago when we fought for no bows with more then 50% let off except for people with disabilities. The line will continue to move now and archery seasons and bag limits as we know it will soon be a thing of the past. The compound industry opened this can of worms by not regulating themselves..... I personally don't see much difference between bows with 85% let off, trigger release, lighted sights, Drop away rests, etc... And crossbows that have 100%.

Last edited by DaveT1963 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”