Shotguns only produce bigger bucks ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Shotguns only produce bigger bucks ?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:18 am

What do you guys think about the area's with shotgun only ? Do you think these areas produce more big bucks vs area's you can hunt with rifles ? Personally, where I hunt, I can't shoot more than 100 yards anyway because of how thick the woods is, but I could see if you were out in wide open areas like down in Illinois where there is big wide open areas and you could shoot forever and ever.... Thoughts ?????

RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: Shotguns only produce bigger bucks ?

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:36 am

my area is rifle and consists of mainly ridges and farm country. from my stand i can shoot about 50 yards max. i think most shotgun areas are wide open swamps or flat ground. so i can see how many shotgun areas produce those slob swamp bucks
When better is possible, good is never good enough
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:03 am

There has been so many times where I have had a big buck just out of shotgun range where I could have easily pounded it with a rifle in marsh country. Shotguns definately save a lot of big bucks. I would not be dissapointed at all if the whole state went shotgun only.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:50 am

With the distance people are getting out of some of the newer shotty set ups and muzzleloaders it's getting to be not that huge of a deal any more. I know that moast of the stands I have are have no more than 150-200 range. But \
;;;'./.

['m,[]'\[/,l;;n.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,., ...,,.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”